Surround Yourself With People Who Build You Up

Surround Yourself With People Who Make You Feel Like Sunshine, You Won't Regret It

Happy people are the best people.

98

You are who you surround yourself with and I always try to surround myself with people who not only bring positivity to my life but also happiness. I always want to stay grounded and I want to be around people who are down to Earth and genuine. I want to have friends in my life who are going to stick by you, no matter if the times are good or bad. I've made a promise to myself to surround myself with people who make me feel like sunshine.

What does this mean?

It means I want to be around people who make me smile, genuinely and who make me laugh, genuinely. I want to be around people who will make me feel good about myself. I think we all deserve that, right? They say laughter is the best medicine and I can't see myself being friends with people who can't make me laugh. For me, that's not healthy.

As humans, we need to feel emotions. We need to feel all of it. If we can't find joy and happiness in small things and comedy in the simplest ways, how can we really be living?

I've learned a huge life lesson. People can say all the nicest things in the book about being your friend, being there for you, wanting to be in your life, but those are just words. Their actions will truly prove themselves and if they aren't trying to show you that they really care, then maybe they aren't being honest with you AND themselves.

Think about your family and your friends and even your significant others. Are they making you feel special? Loved? Wanted and needed? Those are the people you need to keep close to you in life because they are the ones who are going to keep building you up when others are trying to bring you down. Don't take them for granted.