Summertime Blues

Summertime Blues

Why I can't stand summer

7
Summertime Blues
wallpapersgo

Everyone loves summer; school is out, there is no more homework, you get to hang out with friends, and you can generally do just what ever you want. But summer tends to be my least favorite season; it's hot, I have to work long days, and there's not a whole lot to do when I'm not working. Plus, all my friends have jobs to so if I am off for a day, they are usually working!

How can I say this, you ask, summer is the time to be free and be free from all those responsibilities of life. Well, I'll be honest; I'm not a kid anymore. At least to society I am not. I need to work to pay for college and I also need some cash if I want to go out on the town with my friends. And let me tell you all of these things aren't cheap.

That's why I started to work two jobs last year; one during the day and one at night. My daytime job goes to college and my night job goes towards cash I can use with my friends. But as of right now, I am in the process of applying for a new job. It's been two weeks into summer and I have nothing to do!

Some people may see this as a blessing, to have a couple weeks to just relax and enjoy summer, but I love to be doing something. I enjoy the constant movement and the idea of accomplishing things throughout the day. Without the idea of work I don't do much, or anything, during the day.

Go hang out with friends! I would absolutely love to be hanging out with my friends all day! I would love to just sit outside and soak up the sun with them, but they all have jobs and work during the day and night as well!

The heat doesn't help my dislike for summer either. Even though I live in a northern state, it still gets unbearably hot in Wisconsin! What's worse is when you have to work through the heat like I had to last year when I worked at a fast food restaurant. I worked in 90 degree weather in a cramped kitchen over hot-smoky grills with hardly any air conditioning.

Warmer weather also means more motorcycles. And what is more lovely than your conversation being interrupted by a loud motorcycle cruising through town or by your house.

That's a lot of complaining on my part, but it's the same for when people complain about winter and the other seasons!

Plus, I don't completely hate summer. I do enjoy the little moments and memories I make when I am able to see my friends. I enjoy hearing the birds sing and feeling the warm breeze across my skin. I love seeing people out and about enjoying themselves. I even like going out swimming with friends. (Summer is also a bonus for meeting cute guys, if I might add.)

Even though summer is my least favorite season, I can still find some joy it. I just enjoy winter, fall, and spring a lot more!