Top 10 Reasons To Hate Summer

10 sweaty reasons That Prove Summer Is Truly Hell on earth

From the stickiness to the itchiness, summer brings a LOT of discomfort.

559
beach picture drinking water

Summer. It has its perks: you're out of school, you can get a job and make money, catch up on sleep, complete projects in your house that you wouldn't have the time to otherwise, go see someplace new, or do nothing at all.

And sure, I love going to the beach and wearing dresses every day without being questioned about it, but summer can also be literal hell, especially to a winter baby like me. In case you need more convincing, here's some proof.

1. It can reach over 100 degrees

Without air conditioners or fans, houses and cars can easily rise up to at least 100 degrees. I don't take heat well, so the few weeks in the beginning of summer where our air conditioners aren't in yet make me feel like I'm baking in an oven.

2. There are bugs EVERYWHERE

I like to say I'm not afraid of bugs and whether that's true or not, I definitely do not like them. Yeah the cute ones like butterflies and lightning bugs come out, but so do flies, mosquitoes, beetles, wasps...need I go on?

3. Sweat is my least favorite accessory

I know it's good to sweat sometimes, but when I'm in a constant state of sticky or moist, I am NOT a happy camper. Not to mention sweat stains on clothes and probably furniture (yum).

4. Dehydration is nothing to joke about

I've personally never been a huge water drinker, but I'm trying to get better with that. I've almost passed out under the sun a few different times due to dehydration. The heat makes me crave ice cold sodas and iced tea, but they just dehydrate you further.

5. I'm not as in the mood for the hearty meals I love

Anybody who knows me well knows I love a good soup, stew, or baked chicken dinner. In the summer heat, it just doesn't feel right to A) put the oven to 400 degrees for three hours or B) consume all that heavy food that will make you sluggish and even warmer, but not in a good way.

6. I feel obligated to be hairless at all times

I've gotta say that I love the feeling of smooth legs, but the time and effort it takes to get to that point often seems pointless! And then if I leave all the hair there, it just makes me hotter and sweatier.

7. CHAFING

Whether it comes from the sand on the beach, clothes rubbing against your [freshly shaven] skin, or your thicc thighs rubbing together with every step you take, chafing is a part of summer and a part of life, but that doesn't mean you have to enjoy it. (Helpful hint for those with this problem, spray deodorant works wonders.)

8. Sunburn

Enough said.

9. Everything is bright

I love sunglasses (I have six pairs, after all), but when I don't have them, my eyes hurt. I'm not entirely sure if I specifically have sensitive eyes or what, but it's noteworthy.

10. Pressure to have that "perfect beach body"

EVERY. BODY. IS. A. BEACH. BODY. If you want it to be. (Also I laughed at this gif for five minutes.)