10 Things You Need To Add To Your Summer Bucketlist ASAP

Summer will be here in no time, here’s how to make the most of it!

842
Jimmy Conover / Unsplash

This is a response to "9 Things I Have On My Summer Bucket List That You Don't Want To Miss.”

Even though summer is a few months away doesn’t mean that you can start thinking ahead about what you want to do with your break! Making a bucket list of things you’d like to do or achieve can help you map out the summer, here are some ideas to get you started!

1. Go on a road trip with your friends.

Make a joint playlist, pack some of your favorite snacks, and hit the road! Road trips are a great opportunity to learn more about your friends while traveling and saving some money!

2. Get active in the outdoors.

There’s nothing like a hot girl walk in the summer. You can also try kayaking, swimming, cycling, or running. Summer is a great time to get active and try a new hobby.

3. Try learning a new language.

Honestly, one of the hardest things to do. But downloading Duolingo and learning a bit each day will help you train your brain during the summer.

4. Go camping.

As a former Girl Scout, I’m obligated to say that camping during the summer is necessary. However, glamping at an Airbnb cabin is always an option as well!

5. Travel somewhere new.

Summer is all about trying new things and seeing new places. Whether it’s down the road from your hometown or in another country, traveling somewhere new can give you a new perspective and more confidence!

6. Do some volunteer work.

Make a difference in your community over the summer! Find local volunteer opportunities, choose a cause that you’re passionate about, and get involved. Volunteering will help you learn more about the needs of your community as well as teach you valuable life skills.

7. Start a daily gratitude journal.

I know, keeping up with journaling is tough. However, a gratitude journal can help you pay attention to the good things that are happening in your life that you may otherwise take for granted. Feeling thankful for the things around you can help boost your mood and relationships!

8.  Declutter and have a garage sale.

One thing about me: I love garage sales. Declutter your home and closet (spring cleaning!) to make some extra cash in the summer.

9. Go to a concert.

Truly a summer necessity. Whether you’re going alone or with your friends, concerts are a great place to have some fun, see great artists, and feel a sense of community. Have a blast and dance the night away!

10. Start a new hobby.

As I said, summer is the season to learn new things! Some ideas are photography, gardening, hiking, making jewelry, reading, crocheting, journaling, and cooking.

Even if you have a summer internship or class, be sure to have some fun this summer! Make the most of the break you have and spend it with the people you love.