Suitemates Or Bestfriends?

Suitemates Or Bestfriends?

Why can't they be both?

14
Suitemates Or Bestfriends?
Judi Bombich

You start out your freshman year not knowing anyone. However, you end your freshman year being super close to a certain group of friends. By the end of your freshman year, you have decided that you want to be suite mates with a few of them. You become best friends, friends that you can't go a day without talking to. Friends that you can't wait to spend the next three years living with. Friends that you can go to for anything, friends that you make lists in a group text (which is where most of this article comes from.) I sincerely hope Mulli 209/210 is ready for us. Ready or not, here we come.

Here are some ways you can tell whether you're living with suite mates or your best friends.

1. They hold you accountable.

They make sure you get your homework done and they make sure that you always get your chapel credits (thanks Madi!). With all of us, we hold each other accountable on literally everything, even if it is just making sure we go to sleep at the proper time, how we spend our money, or how often we eat junk food. When we hold each other accountable, we make things happen, we get things done, and we see that we grow more as friends through the process.

2. They keep you sane, yet crazy at the same time.

In our friend group, I think we are all pretty crazy. However, when we are together we somehow keep everyone sane, to the point that people don't question what we are doing. All the adventures we have, regardless of if we even leave campus, are never dull. I love living life with my crazy people.

3. They make sure everything is always clean

This part of the article goes to Mom, aka Hannah. We sure would not be able to pass room checks without you. We greatly thank you for the broom all of freshman year; it came in handy. I am sure that we will appreciate your tidiness for the next few years. Especially with the bathroom, because the bathroom can never get dirty!

4. You always have someone to talk to when you get lonely.

Most days you somehow, someway, find your self alone in your room and you wander the hallway until you find someone to talk to. Well last semester, it was either Alexa or Madison. Once again, never a dull moment; however, the random talks can go a long way when you are lonely. Even if it is just the presence of someone being there, being near you. I am so glad that I get to live with three of my best friends.

5. You wouldn't want to trade them for anyone else.

Doing life with these three, and so many more of our friends makes me so glad that God directed me to Southern Wesleyan University. I love you, you awesome, yet crazy, God lovin' people.