Success Comes From Failures

Behind Your Success Is A Long Line Of Failures

The people who succeed are ones who know how to fail.

29

No one here can say they lived a life without disappointments. If there weren't struggles, why would there need to be for people to rise up to a challenge? If it isn't apparent now, it will be soon. It's better to deal with disappointments now rather than later.

Why wait to struggle? Not choosing to climb the wall doesn't make it go away. It's not like as long as the wall isn't scaled, that it will suddenly crumble and make all of this easy.

Living a safe life might at first appear to be a surefire way to avoid disappointment, yet the pursuit of easy success invites a lifetime of failures. It's not due to failing so often but rather not choosing to accept failing at a task until it's too late.

Since disappointment is inevitable, why not just chase it? Now, chasing failures and setbacks may sound silly and often comes at a cost. However, learning to do something right can't be done until it has first been done wrong. Now, the concept of failing sounds daunting, even scary, but no one can say they will never fail at something.

If you choose to accept the likelihood of failing at an ongoing task, the learning experience obtained will make it much easier to learn from them next time. Most often, being successful isn't a choice. It's like taking a vacation.

At first, it sounds like a weird analogy, seeing as vacations are meant to get away from the hustle of life, but anyone who planned one knows what goes in it. You drive state-to-state to a place you want to visit. Throughout your trip, you face numerous obstacles.

Your car could break down, you might encounter a roadblock, a major car accident might happen on the interstate, the list goes on. That's not going into more mundane interruptions like getting stuck in traffic or having to deal with going to the bathroom at inconvenient times.

These obstacles don't prevent you from reaching your destination, a destination important enough to reach no matter what. The vacation is the result of the destination, not the journey. It's often those mishaps encountered that end up being part of conversations among friends and family years down the road.

The point is, if something like a vacation is worth the frustration involved, surely something that is a passion is worth many more failures and disappointments.

After all, one learns how to succeed after they've known how to fail.