To The College Student Who Naps Every Day

Live while you're young and sleep when you're in college.

300

In life, we need very few things to survive and one of them is sleep. While most people acknowledge that, very many do anything about it, so congrats on being part of that rare group.

If you're anything like me, it's sleep over everything: sleep over homework, sleep over socializing with friends, sleep over church, sleep over TV, okay maybe not that one.

The point is, whether you have an illness that forces you to sleep, sleep gives you time away from your stressful life or you just have nothing better to do, sleep is obviously important to you.

You probably regret taking nap time in Kindergarten for granted. Remember when everyone had their own mats and for 20 minutes to a half hour you were supposed to "sleep". Yeah, no one actually slept. In fact, the goal at that age was to stay awake because only baby's need naps, right?

Instead of closing your eyes and dreaming of rainbows, you probably spent your time whispering and laughing with your tiny-human friends.

Now, 12+ years later, you need that nap to survive and 20-30 minutes isn't going to cut it, at least not for me. In fact, if I don't get a least an hour-long nap, nothing gets done. I end up staring at my computer screen with my eyes partially closed, words in my textbooks don't make sense, it's even hard to watch TV some days. At some point, I've learned to accept the fact that my life revolves around naps and hopefully you have too.

Now that this napping deal is a regular thing, everyone around you is going to have their own two-cents about it, especially your parents, who think you should just go to bed earlier and your friends who want to hang out between classes.

And to them, I say, "Shh, I'm sleeping."

Sincerely,

Someone About To Doze Off