15 Struggles You've Had If You're The Oldest And Shortest Sibling

The struggle of having big, little siblings

It's hard enough to be a short person normally, in stores you can't reach what you need, at amusement parks you have to stand next to the height measurements. And being the oldest child can be a trip in itself, but here is a little testiment to how rough being short can be while also dealing with your younger siblings.

1. You get mistaken for the youngest child

Understandable, but still irritating.

2. They can communicate over your head

Somehow that means you're the one taking the garbage out.

3. Having to jog to catch up with them

How did you get across the parking lot so fast? It took me two seconds to lock the car!

4. They can hide things on the top shelf from you

You know that your mom just bought more chocolate pretzels, but you can't reach them.

5. They use you as an arm rest

When did this happen? How did they grow? You all have the same genes!

6. Your brother can hold things out of your reach

You're not an animal looking for a treat, but if you want whatever he has you kind of have to play along.

7. Your sister looks better in every outfit you borrow from her

Because she doesn't look like a little kid who got into their mom's closet when you both dress well.

8. They can't borrow most of your clothes

So they make sure to complain extra when you wear theirs.

9. You have to chauffeur them

You're tempted to just give them your license and set them loose, but you're still their older sibling so you'll take them.

10. When you hug now you have to put your arms lower

Because otherwise your feet are dangling off the ground.

11. Sometimes you get picked up and twirled like you're a toddler anyways

This isn't always bad, but in public? You're an adult! (Almost, kind of).

12. You're the "little big sister" or "little big brother"

Because just saying oldest sibling isn't enough anymore.

13. You have to be in the middle of every group photo

Otherwise you look like the Verizon bars steadily declining.

14. You always have to sit in the middle of the backseat

Seniority should get you out of it, but your short legs get you right back into it.

15. Group hugs are suffocating

Everyone else can rest over each other's shoulder while your face is stuck in armpits and chests. It's worth it though, when those group hugs are with your big little siblings.