16 Things Every Youngest Sibling Can Relate To

You didn't choose the youngest sibling life, the youngest sibling life chose you.
26

Let's face it, every youngest sibling knows what it's like to be just that - the youngest sibling. You see life from a different perspective than your older family members and that's what makes you unique! No matter how unique you may be though, there will always be a few things us youngest siblings can relate to.

1. Your mom introduces you as the "baby of the family."

Just face it, you will forever be known by this name.

2. You were always any easy target for getting picked on.

You were the butt of many jokes and let's not forget tickle fights, random attacks, and getting laughed at when your sibling's friends were over.

3. Hand-me-downs

Hand-me-down toys, hand-me-down clothes, hand-me-down EVERYTHING!

4. The middle seat

You were forever squished in the back middle seat, but at least you always had someone's shoulder to fall asleep on for long car rides though.

5. There aren't as many pictures of you in family albums

I guess your parents were pretty worn out by the time they had you. You're lucky if you even have a page of your baby book filled out.

6. Hanging out with your sibling and their friend - Never going to happen

*Knocks on door* "Can I play with you guys?" It was always a major break through if they said yes and actually let you in.

7. Your siblings are convinced you're spoiled

They say it's because you're the "baby of the family," but really it's because you're the only one left around to buy stuff for.

8. Always being called by your sibling's name before your own. Which is #annoying

"That must be a (insert last name)!" "You look just like (insert sibling's name)." "Are you (insert sibling's name) brother/sister?"

9. Your siblings have way more memories of family outings and vacations than you do.

"Remember when we went to Disney? Oh wait... you weren't born yet."

10. You always had someone to blame

Who cares if you really were the one who started a fight? Mom will always think you're the innocent one, and that counts for something.

11. All the pressure is on you to leave your parents with an "empty nest"

Your parents are sure to let everyone know that "things won't be the same" or they "won't know what they're going to do" without you.

12. You were considered a "goody two shoes"

But really you know you were just observant and learned from all of your sibling's mistakes.

13. While your siblings moved out or left for college, you were still stuck with a chore list

Suddenly, instead of just one chore, you had twenty.

14. Everyone joked that you were adopted

You don't look like mom or dad, so where did you really come from?

15. You always followed in someone's footsteps

Sometimes this was a good thing, sometimes this was not.

16. You've always looked up to your older siblings

Since you were born, they've been there. As they watched you grow, you have watched them grow too. Even though you might not have always gotten along, you always had to be there for each other - in some shape or form. Just admit it, you secretly always thought your older siblings were the coolest people ever. Through all of their accomplishments you were proud of them and in the back of your mind you hoped one day you could be just like them! Hey, maybe being the youngest sibling isn't that bad after all. You've got some pretty funny stories to tell and some pretty awesome people to share a last name with too.