A Strongly Worded Letter To The Boy That Cheated On Me

Here Is What You Thought You Would Never Hear

13
Khaleej Times

Dear Boy,

(please take notice that I used the word "boy" because I believe using "man" would just be a little too much for you) but here we go...

First off, know that I forgive you. And know that I'm not saying that in the sarcastic tone you used to always complain about me having. I mean it from the bottom of my heart that I do not have any hate towards you whatsoever. I can forgive you with all of my being, but I will oh so slightly hold a little grudge for the rest of my life in the back of my mind. How could I not?

Now clearly I'm not the first girl to get cheated on by some guy who just doesn't think that one loyal, smart, loving, give it her all kind of tough smokin' hot badass woman isn't enough for him but my voice shall be heard by all those women like me out there. Some people can be so cliche and say "oh I wish him the best" or even somehow blame their boyfriend's arrogant ways on themselves but that was never me and never will be. What you did is YOUR fault. Not Mine. Not hers..or her...or hers..or even hers times about 15 (you seemed to have been busy while my presence was absent). You are the reason you don't have this one of kind woman in your life anymore. And I pray to God every day that it kills you to see my smiling face plastered all over social media and know that I wouldn't allow you within five feet of me without a punch to the jugular.

Now there is one thing that I do have a problem with about you. You made me look weak. You made me look like some naive freshmen girl who just kissed the senior football player for the first time *insert eye roll here*. People say love makes you blind, but the reality is that love just makes you look stupid sometimes. It happens.. I get it, but cmon didn't you owe it to me to at least let us fizzle out with some dignity? You embarrassed me. I wonder sometimes based off of just how much of a drama queen that you, did you plan our demise that way? When I signed my life away on that dotted line for the Army was your plan just to wait until I was gone for 5 months to have your fun? Because apparently, you couldn't wait after the first week that I had left. Silly me to believe you would be proud of me for making such a selfless decision and be there for me when I returned home. You made me look like a fool and that is something that I will always remember.

The funny thing is that before something happens to you, you can always imagine in your head how the scenario will play out, but until it actually happens you have no idea what your reaction truly is. I 100% with no doubt in my mind was ready to go all Carrie Underwood in Before He Cheats on your ass, but when the time came and I was no longer 1,000 miles away I had no words and no actions to make. I took the high road, one you would know nothing about based on your constant remarks on social media when you found that I was happier than ever. You couldn't imagine that, could you? Me happy without you? I bet it hurt your ego the most didn't it?

You see, boys like these think they can break a woman and make her feel less than what she is, but little do these so called men know that it takes a hell of a lot more than just them to break a strong woman's heart. You may have bruised it, but bruises fade out just like you did.

Thank you for giving me the chance to experience life how I should have always lived with my friends, family, and boyfriend now who shows me the love that you ever could have.

Sincerely,

A Woman Who Is Just Too Much For You

P.S. I'm not worried about you and how your life is going. I know that God does his work well and that you will get every little thing that you deserve in which you should probably set your expectations low...just like your standards in girls who aren't your girlfriend.