All Majors Are Allowed To Be Stressed In College, Not Just STEM

Stressed? Apparently, Now Only Certain Majors Are Allowed That Luxury

Everyone is entitled to being stressed out, not just certain majors.

162

It's about that time of the year. Midterms, papers, projects and presentations are starting to become due. As a junior in college, the stress of keeping on top of my workload is as intense as ever. The last two years were a lot, but I didn't understand how to really manage myself and my time until this first semester as a junior.

I live religiously by my planner, and hardly allow myself to go out on the weekends. One reason is the workload I have, and the other is that going out just doesn't matter to me anymore. My job in 10 years matters more than how many bars Sally and her campus Instagram famous girl squad hit in one night. Maybe Sally doesn't have a textbook example of a "hard major" to CERTAIN people, however, she is entitled to being stressed about her work just like a biology major is allowed to be.

I'm growing really tired of certain people in certain majors who think their stress is the only stress that matters because they are going to be surgeons or engineers or chemists. No, you're not more important than everyone else. You may not be able to math, but you can write a paper, and this works vice versa as well. I get very stressed about papers I have to write and books I have to do 100 pages worth of reading for. Someone else is stressed about their lab they have to write, or WileyPlus calculus assignment they have to finish.

My point is, the thing we are really good at, someone else is really bad at, and vice versa. Imagine giving an engineer an essay about the male influence in Victorian literature, or an English major physics homework.

I'm just as worthy to talk about how much my classes stress me out as the next person. We're all in the same boat together, even after we graduate. It's about time we all support each other throughout the rest of our time in college. Maybe your friend doesn't like to sit down and study as you do. Help him see the importance of making the time and putting the effort into every ounce of homework, regardless if it's easy or not.

College by no means is a walk in the park. If it is for you, you're definitely doing something wrong. We're all part of many organizations and a lot of us have to work jobs on the side as well to pay the ever-increasing tuition. Why hate on the next person who seems to have it easier than you, because odds are they're going through something you don't know of.

Stress is something prevalent in everyone's lives, and we all need to lean on each other in times of need, and not feel like we can talk about the classes were stressed about because we think we will get judged for complaining and feeling the way we do.

Friends support friends, or else ditch those people and find some new friends.