7 Bible Verses That Every Stressed Out College Student Needs To Read

You are loved, you are not alone and you are going to get through this.

23008

College is fun, college is exciting and, inevitably, college is stressful. It's easy to get overwhelmed between school, jobs, friends and everything else that it entails, but if there's one thing that I've found to help, it's reading the bible and not being scared to have a little faith. So here are seven bible verses that every college student should read when they're feeling just a little too stressed out.

1. Deuteronomy 31:6

“Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.”

You are not alone. I repeat: you are not alone. No matter how scared you are of whatever it is that might keep you up at night, the Lord is with you, and he will NEVER leave you. Be strong. Be courageous. You are a fighter and you can make it through whatever you’re going through because you have God on your side.

2. Psalm 136:26

“Give thanks to the God of Heaven, for his steadfast love endures forever.”

You are loved. You are loved by so many wonderful people in your life, but most importantly, you are loved by an even more wonderful God. You are loved with a love that endures forever, that isn’t going to stop just because you might fail an exam or ruin an interview, and that alone should be enough to put a smile on your face.

3. Matthew 11:28

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.”

You can find rest in the Lord. It is so easy to let stress get the best of you, to let your burdens weigh you down to a point that you might not feel as though you can come back from, but if you can simply find your way to the Lord, you can find rest from your troubles.

4. Psalm 94:19

“When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought me joy.”

You can always find joy in the Lord. You could have two exams, a paper, and a job interview all in the same day, but you can still find a reason to be happy, and that reason is in the comfort that the love of God should bring you.

5. Proverbs 16:3

“Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and he will establish your plans”

Your life is going to go in the right direction if your life is committed to the Lord. Things may seem crazy now, but the Lord has a plan for you, so don't stress. Everything is going to work out for his glory– going to work out for the best. Trust in the Lord and everything will be okay, no matter how far from it they may seem right now.

6. Isaiah 41:10

“Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”

You can find strength in the Lord. There's no need to be scared, no need to be worried about all of the hardships that accompany college life because God is with you. He is making you stronger each and every day, and He is going to hold you up, going to keep you afloat through the good times and the bad.

7. Philippians 4:6-7

“Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”

You're going to be okay. It's easy to get overwhelmed with college and all of the things that go along with it, but you're going to get through it. Don't stress and don't worry, just pray and talk to God. Tell him what's on your mind, and you can find peace. Life is rough, but God is there, he's always there, and he's going to get you through it.