Straight Out Of Tatooine

Straight Out Of Tatooine

Where do I sign up?

39
Straight Out Of Tatooine
Jedi Unicorn.com

Not even going to sugar coat this but I am a GEEK LORD! I am literally counting down the days till the new Star Wars movie comes out. I still tear up thinking about The Force Awakens when Chewy took bullets for Han.. Ugh *starts crying*... I'm pretty sure the coolest thing in life would to become a Jedi (even if you're Dark Side *which I kinda am*). Thanks to me and spending hours on Google your prayers have been answered.

So let's get started!

Jediism is a religion that focuses on a powerful force that keeps the universe in order. The members of the Jedi religion focus on their morality and promoting the Jedi order. Members of Jediism believe in good will, happiness, and serenity. The main goal of the Jediism philosophy is to bring the universe together in a positive way.

The creator of the religion is George Lucas by default for creating the Star Wars Series. The fictional characters in the movies have a variety of religious perspectives such as Daoism and Buddhism. Jediism’s major focus is based on The Force. The Force is impersonal energy that flows throughout the universe. This idea can be compared to the prana, the Chinese qi, Daoist dao, and the Chinese Holy Spirit. Their religion can be classified as spiritualism. They do not pray to a god or gods but do believe in a greater power which is the energy throughout the universe.

The Jedi church began in the late 1990’s and began to multiply rapidly after the re-release of the first 3 Star Wars movies. The religion blossomed in Europe and in England alone there are 175,000 members. There are about 15,000 Jedi in the Czech Republic, 9,000 in Canada, and 65,000 in Australia. In the United states there are about 5,000 known Jedi. Of the known Jedi in the United States, Opie MacLeod (Kevin Trout) has become a preeminent Jedi Church Leader. He has written 5 books based on the religion and how they share mainstream religious beliefs.

These Jedis learn the Jedi Way of Life. The Jedi Way of Life teaches its members the way in which to channel negative and positive energy and to be mindful of each. They go through understanding mind and spirit, protecting peace, and trusting the will of the Force. Once learning the Jedi Way of Life they use the Jedi Code through their daily lives. The Jedi Code is the morals and values of what being a Jedi is about; Protecting the universe. Jedi also believe in eternal life. They believe that soul and spirit will always be part of the force. Jedi believe that they must love themselves and spread love to create positive energy in the Force. They call themselves protectors of the universe because they feel that by spreading positive energy they are benefiting all to keep a balance in the universe.

Jediism have been discriminated against. Some have told Jedis that their religion is not real. They have also discriminated against them wearing capes and hoods in public. There have been incidents where jedis were told to take off their hoods or they would not get service however in the Jedi Code it states that you are allowed to cover your head. Other than that, Jediis have not had much discrimination because of their close knit stature and promotion of love. SO STOP DISCRIMINATING!!