16 Star Wars Quotes Vital For A Happy Life

"Sometimes we must let go of our pride and do what is asked of us." - Anakin Skywalker

6972
Polygon

Star Wars—the real American past time. I don't know about you guys, but I have been watching Star Wars since birth! I love Star Wars for a plethora of reasons, like Mark Hamill's eyes, but especially for the compelling story line and quotes. Lines in Star Wars hold great truths and there are a handful that I integrate into my daily life. From Yoda to Clone Troopers, here are 16 Star Wars quotes you should meditate on. Comment your favorite Star Wars quote!

1. "Death is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those who transform into the Force. Mourn them do not. Miss them do not. Attachment leads to jealously; the shadow of greed, that is." - Yoda

Many of my friends have passed this year, but this quote has helped me let go. I should not be jealous of the Lord for bringing my friends to Him; they aren't gone.

2. "Feel, don't think. Use your instincts." - Qui-Gon Jinn

I'm one of those "over-thinker" types, but all it does is inhibit my natural abilities. Qui-Gon says this to Anakin before he begins his pod race; maybe you should say it to yourself before work or a test.

3. "You can't stop change any more than you can stop the suns from setting." - Shmi Skywalker

Change is going to happen, as scary as that sounds. You cannot stop change from happening, just like you cannot stop the sun. You are powerless over natural change and things will go as they are meant to.

4. "Your focus determines your reality." - Qui-Gon Jinn

I have tried to teach many people this, but it seems to be the most difficult. Even if you are in the worst situation, your mindset is everything. If you choose to look on the bright side, that's what will affect you.

5. "Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering." -Yoda

While we may not be Jedi, this quote still holds true. If you fear people in any way, you will become angry with them and hate them. Hating others will just make you miserable.

6. "Yeah, I'm responsible now; the price you pay for being successful." - Lando Calrissian

If you want to be successful and remain successful, take some advice from the smuggler turned Administrator of Cloud City. Success comes with responsibility and the responsible earn success.

7. "Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves." - Broadside, Clone Trooper

This is another piece of wisdom not easily taken or understood by others. If you are stubborn and blinded by your own wants or problems, you will never reach wisdom. Once you set those negative traits aside, you can then achieve wisdom.

8. "Keep your concentration here and now, where it belongs." - Qui-Gon Jinn

This also ties in with Qui-Gon's other quote, "Be mindful of the future, but not at the expence of the moment." He is saying that yes, the future is important, but you are living here, in this exact moment-- not the future. Do not dwell on the things you are unsure of, such as the future, but rather, pay attention to what is going on right now.

9. "Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose." -Yoda

Remember in quote #1, Yoda said, "Attachment leads to jealously; the shadow of greed, that is." You are 'attached' to the things (or people) you are afraid to lose. Attachment leads to jealousy and that is greed. It sounds an awful like the dark side.

10. "Sometimes we must let go of our pride and do what is asked of us." - Anakin Skywalker

I tried to teach my little sister this the other day when she didn't want to wash the dishes and started to argue with our father. Most of the time, it does not matter that you "don't want to" do something. Be like a Jedi and think of others. We sit at home all day while our Dad works hard for hours to take care of us. The very least we can do is the dishes, even if we find soggy food gross.

11. "I've found that what most people call luck is often little more than raw talent combined with the ability to make the most of opportunities." - Talon Karrde

Seize the moment; take opportunities. People aren't lucky-- they recognize and capture prime opportunities to better themselves. Be mindful and pay attention to what is going on around you and you could be "lucky" as well.

12. "Your eyes can deceive you; don't trust them." - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Everybody knows the saying, "Don't judge a book by its cover," and that is exactly what Obi-Wan was trying to teach Luke. If somebody "looks" nice, but your gut tells you they aren't, listen to your gut.

13. "Weapons do not win battles. Your mind, powerful it is." -Yoda

Violence is not the first thing people should jump to. Use the most powerful tool you have-- your mind. People who use violence act out of fear; the next time you are in an argument, act out of intelligence and use your mind instead.

14. "Compassion, which I would define as unconditional love, is essential to a Jedi's life. So you might say that we are encouraged to love." - Anakin Skywalker

Love. Share love. Spread love. Let love exude from your very being. Be compassionate; do not put up a front. Be real and be kind to others. There is no reason to be mean to everybody and you will live a happier life loving.

15. "Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is." - Yoda

Kids usually sound "stupid" to older children and adults. You should listen to the children you encounter! Listen to their wild imaginations and pray that they do not lose it as they approach adulthood. Children are smart, unbiased, and tend to listen to their feelings better than adults. Maybe less wise, but they are not less intelligent because they are young than you by any means.

16. "It takes strength to resist the dark side. Only the weak embrace it. And those who oppose it are more powerful than you'll ever be." - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Resisting temptation and evil is more difficult than giving in to it. Resist gossip, resist attacking others, and resist acting out of foul intent. Weak minded people become consumed by darkness and hurt others, while the strong minded can resist evil and be kind.

For most photos like these, follow my favorite Star Wars Instagram account, @TheBobaFettyWap. Their account is where I got a handful of these photos from. Thank you to The Boba Fetty Wap!