Stop Sexualizing Boobs

Stop Sexualizing Boobs

When did seeing boobs become the most distracting thing on the planet?

264
Stop Sexualizing Boobs
www.pexels.com

BOOBS ARE BOOBS AND NOT A SEXUAL GROWTH ON THE HUMAN BODY.

Ok, cool guys. So here's my two cents in this matter. To me, breast or boobs or whatever you want to call them, are not sexual and I believe I can do and/or wear whatever I want in public. That being said I am a bit more modest than the average woman my age, but if others want to wear a crop top with boobs hanging out, so be it. It may be somewhat gross BUT it is nothing sexual that should "distract the male population."

There are so many problems that society associates with the female body and breast in general, so why not just get rid of them? After all, we don't actually need these for anything other than entertaining and distracting the male population. Well, yeah, that statement is completely and utterly absurd. I can tell you that we were given two, unique, frustrating, sexist things for one reason. That reason has nothing to do with men unless they are in need of their mother's milk. Notice I said mother's milk, not in need of something to look at or play with.

I believe just as a woman should have the right to do whatever she wants with her body, that she should have the right to feed a baby in public, wear a tank top to school, or a sports bra to the gym without the fear or embarrassment of being called out for it.

Breastfeeding in public should be a social norm by now, but it's not. I'm not here to tell you it's my way or the highway but I am here to ask you to hear me out. This is a statement for pro lifers and pro choicers.

Pro Life- you're going to say that a woman has to have a baby if she becomes pregnant, okay that's fine. BUT you turn around and say that she cannot feed that baby in public when the need arises. Instead, she has to take time out of her already busy day, to stop what she's doing and feed that crying baby. That makes total sense.

Pro choice- you're saying it's a woman's right to choose, but then you turn around and take another right from her? Awesome.

Now I'm not accusing one group or the other of acting this way, but there are some people in each group. Your excuse for this? Please correct me if I'm wrong, I'm willing to listen, but isn't it because it distracts the public and causes an indecency? The public being men of course. Am I wrong?

What exactly counts as indecency anymore? A collarbone showing in French class? A sports bra worn to the gym instead of an actual shirt? OR HOW ABOUT THE WOMAN WHO DECIDED NOT TO WEAR A BRA. This all distracts the guys. But what distracts a girl? The topless man in the gym? No. The man who can't keep his pants up? Negative. How about the man who gets a raging boner in the middle of the conversation, or even in the middle of a class. NOPE, you know why? It's because it isn't allowed to distract us. Yet our collarbone showing while we are trying not to overheat in the summer sun is too distracting for a guy. *insert eye roll here*

When did men become so easily distracted and why can't they be held to the same standard as women? The fight for feminism isn't about catching up with the guys or being better. It's about being held to the same standards and responsibilities. It's about being able to compete for a job whether it be doctor, ideal man job or nurse, ideal woman job. It's about getting over the fact that women have boobs. And it's about getting your shit done no matter the circumstances. We need to allow people to express themselves however they need, and allow mothers to feed a crying baby in public without fear of being shamed or called out for it. We have bigger fish to fry than to worry about these insignificant things. How about the people that are going to be running our country for the next four years, and I don't mean the President.