Why I’ve Stopped Saying “I Can’t Wait”

Why I’ve Stopped Saying “I Can’t Wait”

I’m choosing to live in the moment rather than wish my moments away.

602
Why I’ve Stopped Saying “I Can’t Wait”

"I can't wait."

I have stopped claiming that I can't wait for certain events, days, and things. I can in fact wait. I don't want to say "I can't wait until summer is here." Why shouldn't I just make the most of spring until the seasons melt into the best which is to come? I don't want to claim that I can't wait until Christmas is here... let me enjoy the season of giving while November is still in it's peak.

I'm tired of saying that I can't wait. Because I can, in fact, wait. I can live in the moment and enjoy the second for what it's worth.

I can enjoy the song on the radio while it's beat still bounces in my soul. I can pray that "Mr. Bright Side" comes on next but I can enjoy Elton John as "Your Song" blares joyfully on the radio. I can reminisce in 2:22 while 2:23 patiently waits it's long-awaited turn. I don't want to turn my back on the mountains because I can't wait for the beach.

I can wait.

I can enjoy where I'm at in the moment that it exists- I guarantee that the more I enjoy the moment, the quicker the next one will arrive.

I don't want to claim that I can't wait for summer. What am I waiting for? Let me spontaneously embrace the chill of the ocean waves as I immerse myself in locations societally intended to be meant for specific seasons of the year. Let me enjoy the moment while I dwell in it, because the next is never guaranteed.

Some say that they can't wait to grow up. But- I can. Let me enjoy my stupid moments that I find fun in as a teenager. Let me laugh until my stomach hurts as I sprint across buildings roofs with my seventeen year old counterparts. Let me stress over finding forty dollars to fill my gas tank until I have to fork out thousands for taxes on a long awaited house that I "cannot wait" to have.

Let me wait. Tell me to wait. Teach me to wait.

Wait doesn't mean that I have to back down- waiting isn't a bad thing. To wait is to enjoy the moment. Let me wade instead of wait. Let me enjoy instead of wait. Let me take my time- and enjoy the moment that I am in.