Stop Bashing Donald Trump: A Letter From One Democrat To The Rest

Stop spreading hate. We can't change it now.

80
Wallpaper Cave

Am I disappointed? Yes. Do I wish this election went another way? Perhaps. But here's the truth: It didn't. Donald J. Trump will be our next president. The Republican will take over the White House this coming January and that is that.

I know some of the American population thinks that this is the end of democracy. They think that Donald Trump will ruin our country for good. And maybe that's true. Maybe this presidential election will go south and in four years, we will have to pick up the pieces and start over. But maybe it won't. Maybe a change is exactly what America needs. We wouldn't know -- we haven't had such a change in years!

I, in no way, support what Donald Trump has said about people of certain races or religion. Many Donald Trump supporters don't even agree with what he has said about minorities. He has said some extremely vulgar things about others, but that doesn't mean that his supporters agree or support what he has said. The politics world is about policies, and the public has voted for Trump because they are either for his policies or against Hillary's policies. The fact of the matter is that the Electoral College chose Trump because they believe he is fit to make decisions for our country alongside the Senate and the House.

I know a lot of us are upset or feel personally victimized by the decision to election Donald Trump. What Mr. Trump has said about Muslims, the LGBTQ+ community, people of color, people with disabilities, and more is extremely disrespectful. I cannot stand by what Mr. Trump has said about those people. What I can stand by is faith that actions speak louder than words. Luckily, Donald Trump has yet to act upon his absurd claims of building a wall, or deporting large numbers of our population. If Mr. Trump, as President of the United States of America, decided to indeed build a wall, that decision must be approved by the House of Representatives and the Senate. That means his decisions must be run by 535 other people in our government; Trump cannot do it all on his own.

I, along with many of you, feel like the future presidency will leave much to be desired. But I also strongly believe that as American citizens, we need to accept that we have a new President. He is not what we had hoped for, but our beloved Barack Obama wasn't what the Republican party wished for eight years ago. Tearing Donald Trump down is not going to change the results. Protesting against him will not change the past, so now we must come together as a country and fight for our future. America needs to be whole again, and we the people can achieve that together. We cannot let one election rip our country apart. Although we disagree with the results, we cannot spend the next four years complaining about a decision we can no longer change.