Please Stop Asking Me When I Will Get A Boyfriend

I'm an 18-year-old girl who has never been in a relationship and I absolutely love it. Sure, it is bittersweet, but so is having a relationship. I have heard every question in the book: "When will you bring home a guy to meet us?", "You are so grown up! Where is your boyfriend?", and my personal favorite "You're so pretty, how come you don't have a boyfriend yet?"

Let me start this off by saying that I am exceedingly sick and tired of people thinking that just because I am young and pretty, I have to be in a relationship. I am in no way interested in having one at the moment. To further explain, I don't care about having one, meaning I am not searching for one. I like being alone; however, I am not opposed if something does happen in the background of my life.

But I will not find a boyfriend just because everyone says I should. I am not living for your expectations, so please stop acting as I should.

These days, it seems like a relationship is all anyone is concerned about, yet they are only in one just for show. Barely anyone establishes a real connection anymore, and that is mainly why I am still single. I want something to happen naturally and mean something.

Another reason why I am still boyfriendless is that I am an absolute wreck. I am juggling the stress of college, work, family and friends, personal matters, and still trying to make time for a social life. I have so much piled up in my life that I can't handle a relationship on top of everything. I am just a girl still trying to figure herself out.

Lastly, I am just genuinely happy by myself - there is a sense of comfortability in being alone. Maybe that is my reclusive nature, but it's peaceful. I can clean my house and no one else will dirty it up, I can go every day without worrying about arguing with someone, and I can do things 100 percent for me.

I know that something will happen one day, but for now, I am going to enjoy every second I have with myself.