September the start of Fall

A Letter To The Month September

It's a love-hate relationship.

10853
A Letter To The Month September
shelivesfree.com

As we start to embrace the second full week of September, there are some things I'd like to say to the month.

Dear September,

Back again so soon? I could swear I just saw you a few months ago. Well anyway, how are you? Good? That's great because I'm over you already. This isn't some breakup sonnet, this isn't some tearful declaration to my love of summer. This is a direct grievance to your thirty days of filling in between summer at fall. That's right, you are a filler month! I have so many problems with you.

First of all, you do in fact, bring an end to the summer season. How dare you! For a summer lover like myself, September is dreadful, the pools and beaches start to close, amusement parks being to open strictly during the weekends. You push out the warm summer nights and the salt air. You make us say goodbye to sandy toes and the smell of sunscreen. You're all about back to school and putting away that cute white shirt you can't wear until May. You completely kill the summer vibe with little warning.

Second, you're more confusing than a college physics course. One day you want to be ninety degrees and beautiful out (but all the pools are closed, thanks a lot) and the next you want to be sixty-five and raining? Why? Just why? Don't you know that the school buildings are never cool enough to stand the humidity that's still here? Don't you know we're sliding out of our seats thinking about how we rather be by the water? You make people pull out their fall attire just to put their shorts back on. And not to mention, being cold in the morning and humid in the afternoon? Like wow. What a sick joke!

You kick start the holiday season way too early. Pumpkin spiced everything and plaid everywhere? NO! I'm still enjoying sunglasses and ice cream. You can't pick a temperature but you want to make me excited for the fall season to come? That's not how it works! And now you try to make us excited with the thought of Halloween creeping slowly closer. There is a WHOLE thirty days between your first day and October's first day, I shouldn't be seeing back to school supplies next to Halloween candy.

However, on the flip side, I couldn't be more in love with you.

When you finally start to cool off and change the leaves from green to gold, I couldn't be happier. You are one of the prettiest months, next to October. Your month inspires people to close doors or chapters in their life in order to blossom in the spring. Pulling out my jeans is the highlight of your month, fall fashion begins to take over and the holidays just roll in after you. You bring us the beginning of football season, bonfires, and nights spent looking at the stars. Although I can't stand your month, there is some enjoyment to it.

So hello September, and welcome autumn.