The Stages Of Transitioning From Summer To Winter

Forever wishing for whatever season you aren't in.
102

If you live in a state where you get all four seasons, sometimes all four within a week, you know the struggle of transitioning between one extreme to the next. At one point you’re dying for the cold and the next you’re dying for the heat, and a good in-between never lasts for long. Here are the stages of transitioning from summer to winter:

1. TOO HOT

This 90-degree weather has GOT TO GO. I can feel myself melting. There is no relief anywhere. Is it normal to sweat this much? I think I lost 20 pounds just from sweating.

2. Ahhh this is more like it

When the temperature drops to 75 degrees and you can comfortably wear pants again. This is perfect. Not too hot, not too cold. Can it stay like this forever?

3. Okay a little chilly, but it's fine

Okay, 65 is a little chilly, but nothing I can’t handle. I can finally bust out all of my cute fall clothes. FLANNEL SEASON!

4. This sucks

Why did I ever want it to be colder? This 50 degrees and raining crap is a no from me. I think it’s about time to break out the parka.

5. Wow, this REALLY sucks.

I’m moving someplace warm and tropical when I’m older so I never have to put up with this again. When it drops below 50 I am not a happy camper. I can feel the cold in my bones.

6. Can I hibernate?

WHY. IS. WINTER. SO. LONG. I’m lucky if I get a day above 0 degrees. Can I just abandon all my responsibilities and hibernate for the winter? I mean, bears get to do it and I don’t think it’s fair that if I wanted to it’s “socially unacceptable.”

7. TOO COLD

Okay, I’m fed up. This negative windchill is not okay. I can feel the cold in my bones even when I go inside. I’m wearing 5 layers of clothing 24/7.

8. Summer, please come back.

I’m longing for the 90 degree days again, summer where are you? Why does winter feel like it lasts ten times longer than summer does?