The Stages of the Semester: As Told by Michael Scott

"I don't hate it. I just don't like it at all, and it's terrible."

119
Madison Zegarlowicz

Every time the semester begins, us college students have high hopes going into it. We believe that it will be "different," or "we have more motivation than last semester." But this being my fifth semester in college, I've noticed that they all have the same pattern.

1. You wake up on the first day of classes and get ready to conquer the semester like a boss.

2. You walk into class and look at the syllabus, knowing that the class will be challenging, but you tell yourself that you'll be able to handle it, and you're not the slightest bit worried.

3. On the second day of class, you're already lost.

4. You spend countless hours in the library trying to teach yourself the material so you don't get behind in the class.

5. You try to go out with your friends during the weekend to act like a normal college student, but all you can think about is how much more you need to study.

6. You feel your life slowly falling apart.

7. Midterms week creeps up on you, and you're trying to figure out how the semester is already halfway over.

8. You go to your professor's office hours to try to gain brownie points.

9. You call your mom crying that you're going to fail all of your classes and you're going to fail out of college and are going nowhere in life.

10. You become delusional after accepting that you will be working a minimum-wage job for the rest of your life.

11. You walk out of the final exam still as confused as the day you walked into class.

12. You check your grade online to see that you got an A on the final exam and in the class, and cannot figure out how.