Stages of Lining Up For a GA Concert

The 17 Agonizing Stages of Waiting In Line For A Concert

AKA the longest day of your life.

341
https://www.pexels.com/photo/audience-band-blur-concert-518389/
Photo by Kaique Rocha from Pexels

If you've ever loved an artist or band more than you thought humanly possible, chances are you've lined the streets near the venue in your hometown dying for a chance to get close to the stage. The LAST thing you want is to be in the back and not be able to see, and the best thing you can hope for is for them to notice you during the show. Lining up all day for any general admission show is as miserable or as fun as you make it, but everyone who has done it can relate to these classic stages.

1. Good MORNING, LINE!

I'm not the first one here, but it's okay! Definitely have a chance of being really close. Start the day on a positive note!

2. I am more prepared than anyone has ever been for this day.

I have my lawn chair, some snacks, water bottles, three portable chargers, my sunglasses, a book if I get bored... what else could I possibly need?

3. Okay, the first hour wasn't bad. It was actually kind of quick!

I've already peed once, which is setting a dangerous precedent for the day, but the people around me are nice!

4. WOW, three hours in? That's really not bad! I'm kind of having fun.

Aaaaaaaand *checks watch* only 6 hours to go until the doors open.

5. Okay, the sun is getting kind of hot now.

Kind of wishing I had remembered a hat and sunscreen...oh, those people have UMBRELLAS! Genius! I'll remember for next time.

6. Where did the breeze go?! There was just a breeze!

I never knew that the sun was this hot until this exact moment.

7. The saving grace: coming with a friend.

Thank GOD there is someone around to hold your spot while you go to the bathroom, sit in the shade for 5 minutes, grab another water, etc. And vice versa, of course.

8. Okay, I have a giant headache, but maybe I can just will it to go away in the next 3 hours.

Drink water, drink water, drink water.

9. Well, three hours to go! Time to put everything back in our car.

Goodbye chairs, snacks, books, and portable chargers that have already died. And thank you to the girls next to us in line for holding our spots.

10. Okay, that was CLEARLY a mistake.

But we're enduring the pain anyway. A little over two hours to go. VERY doable considering what we've already been through today.

11. Ah, yes, the 45 minute mark. Where everyone decides to stand up for literally no reason!

What are you doing? Getting your body prepared to push past me once you get inside. Sit down, not happening.

12. 10 minutes to go. Strategically, I ditched my bag two hours ago and put everything in my pockets.

Security is about to be a BREEZE! Take off my jacket, run through the metal detector, run right to the front. Easy.

13. 6:30!!!! Where's security!!!! Why isn't the line moving!!! They're late!!!!

Someone just yelled "Happy Hunger Games"....hmmmmm.....

14. I've never seen someone SO SLOW scan my ticket before!

I know that it's real, don't worry! Just let me in! People are passing me by!

15. Can everyone just STOP RUNNING!

I KNOW the girl who just passed me didn't get here until NOON!

16. Okay, I kind of forgot about the part where now we have to wait another hour and a half for the concert to actually start

And we're STANDING this time!

17. But it's totally fine because I'm RIGHT on the barricade!

And this is all I've ever wanted in life.