16 Stages Of Looking For Your Freshman Year Roommate

More like online dating than anything else.

309

What an exciting time it is looking for your freshman year roommate... From awkward messages to repetitive Facebook bios galore, this is a unique time in one's pre-college career that can be both exciting and stressful.

From my personal experience, I was fortune enough to have been blessed with the most amazing freshman year roommate who is now like a sister to me. Just the other day, her and I were laughing at how cringe-worthy our first exchanges were via Facebook and text. Ultimately, the awkwardness was well worth the hassle, because it gave me one of my very best friends.

For those who have been or are currently in the midst of finding that one perfect roommate, chances are you experienced these 16 stages:

1. Spending an embarrassing amount of time creating the perfect Facebook bio.

2. Receiving your first message and getting the butterflies.

3. Wondering why in the world you have the butterflies.

4. Realizing a few minutes into the conversation this is actually quite awkward.

5. When you find your perfect match but he/she already found someone else.

6. And being weirdly heartbroken by it.

7. Causing you to think this is more like online dating than anything else.

8. Encountering that one person who straight up ignores you.

9. Let's not forget about all those who "like to go out but also like to stay in and love to workout but also enjoy eating pizza at 2:00 a.m." (@everyone)

10. Finally meeting someone who actually seems normal.

11. That moment when you conclude that he/she is "the one."

12. Bragging to your high school friends and family about your new official roommate.

13. Counting down the days until you can officially live with/meet your new best friend.

14. Or perhaps you didn't relate to any of the items listed above and decided to go random.

15. And realizing that could have been a horrible decision.

16. Or the best one.