Spring semester, fresh start.

It's a new semester, and time to get it together. Especially if you had an okay or horrible semester for fall, whether something personal or grade-wise, it's a new start, with new classes and professors and a clean slate. So, as the people say, let's get this bread.

Spring semester, easily a little better than fall semester because we are all one step closer to summer break and some are one step closer to graduating and being released into the real world. *Que tears for all our senior friends leaving us* But probably for most, if not all, spring semester is what we need.

After a crazy fall semester, I know I needed a fresh start especially since some of my classes made me want to break down in tears every day during the fall (at my math class). With the start of a new semester and no math class for me to spend a lot of my attention on, I am hoping for a less stressful semester where I can focus evenly on each class without stressing myself out too much.

Math is one of those subjects where I have to put tons of focus and energy on it but I felt as if I have never struggled as much as I did last semester. Honestly, yes, I believe that in a lot of cases how you perform in a class is due to how you handle it individually, but in some cases, it can also be how the professor teaches it. And boy, did my math professor teaching style clash with how I learn.

BUT, with math now behind me, hopefully, spring semester will sort of just be a little bit of a breather and I can enjoy it more than I did in the fall. And I know I am not the only college student who has a struggle like I did, it's part of life and all we can do is our best.

Spring semester can be a new, clean slate for all us.

One thing I love about starting a new semester is how I can take the bad habits I had last semester, and improve them over the course of spring. I always try to improve my learning and study habits from previous semesters to continue helping me grow.

Spring is all about new and fresh beginnings, and the start of a new semester can give us hope from bad, past semesters. And sometimes what causes a bad semester isn't even our performances in the class. Sometimes, life comes at you and knocks you off your feet. Sometimes, it's more personal rather than class.

What happens on in our personal lives outside of college definitely can take a toll on our overall health. I know students who have lost family members, or just had a difficult time readjusting back to college life, or just were in a funk struggle to land on their feet throughout the semester, and I get that. I have my bad days too.

With a new semester on the horizon, we can all take a breather and work towards a less stressful and more wonderful spring semester to enjoy.