Must-Haves For Your Spring Break Adventure

A spring break checklist for packing.

13

Last year I was lucky enough to spend my spring break in Florida, and to say I just threw clothes in a bag and went would not be an exaggeration. I packed my whole suitcase last minute and was rushing out the door to meet my friend. I then ended up having to buy some things that could have been avoided if I had packed ahead of time. If you're like me and procrastinate with your packing, here are guidelines for making the whole ordeal a lot easier:

1. Pack headphones and anything else you may need while traveling.

You know what they say, "It's not the destination, it's the journey." If you actually want to enjoy that flight or long car ride to the beach or wherever you are heading, make sure to bring the necessities. I personally need my headphones, snacks, blanket, chargers, and a good book. Bring what you need to keep yourself entertained and comfortable.

2. Make sure you have the correct sunscreen.

Don't underestimate the quality of sunscreen you are bringing. If you also burn easily I found what works best for me is not necessarily the highest SPF as most people assume is the correct choice but instead a sport spray with SPF 15. I was finally able to get some color without burning, and the fact it was a spray gave my skin a nice shine.

3. Get makeup wit​h SPF.

If you're going to a beach you probably won't need much makeup. However, there are some cosmetics that can add a little to your beach look and protect your skin.

SPF BB cream

SPF chapstick

Waterproof mascara (for those who can't live without a little lash glam)

4. Pack versatile outfits.

Preferably pack items that can be worn in many ways and more than once. You will save a ton of space in your suitcase, but keep in mind the basic kinds of outfits you are bound to require as well as some accessories...

Dinner outfits

Daytime Casual

Coverups

Swimsuits

Light jacket

Sunglasses

Hat

5. Take a variety of shoes.

Shoes are one of my favorite topics. You're going to need to pack a few different kinds for all the fun you will be up to this spring break. Here is what I recommend...

Wedges for any nice dinners or going out.

Sandals that won't rub your feet when wet and can be rinsed quickly of sand.

Sneakers for walking long distances

6. Remember hair products.

If you get frizz in humidity, you may want to pack any products and styling tools that will save the day. You can buy instant de-frizzing spray or opt for a leave-in-conditioner sure to help as well as your curling/straightening irons.

7. Remember destress  (Don't pack your worries).

Don't bring the anxiety of school with you. I made this mistake last spring break and had a hard time enjoying myself. I was so worried about school and my future I was letting anxiety dictate my enjoyment of the trip. If you are a senior, this may be especially hard as you have a lot weighing on you with graduation. However, give yourself a much needed week where you don't worry about this imminent fact.

Enjoy your break!