7 Ways To Make Your Spring Break As Enjoyable As Vacationers

7 Ways To Make Your Spring Break As Enjoyable As Vacationers (Kind Of)

Time to create our own luxury...

42

Spring break is only a month away, people! Some of us are in the process of getting our bodies ready, fake tans on, and bathing suits ordered. On the other hand, there are people, like me, who are planning which movie marathon to have each day of break. Unfortunately, I am not allowed to go on vacation to the Bahamas with my friends for spring break. Instead, I am forced to stay home and live through their Snapchat stories.

As fun as that sounds, I can name 7 ~creative/funny~ ways to bring the spring break to you and make it (almost) as enjoyable as your friends:

1. Buy a blow-up pool.

The first step to paradise is crystal, clear water. Buy that kiddie blow-up pool Target has to offer and get swimming! You can take photoshoots in the pool and pretend your swimming in the warm waters of the Bahamas. No one would be able to tell the difference--not even you!

2. Pack on the sand.

What's a beach without sand? Nothing will make the pool more realistic than buying sand and surrounding the pool with it! When you look out from the pool, boom— there's no grass, only sandy beaches leading the way to that cute tiny pool you call a luxury beach. Now all your missing is a fruity, beach cocktail and foam for that beach party your friends are probably at right now. Basically, pull a Phineas and Ferb.

3. Hit the tanning bed. 

I personally do not go to tanning beds, but if you're looking for the full beach package, then get a tan! It will add to the beach effect when you flaunt those nice tan lines lounging in the kiddie pool with your cocktail!

4. Get a cocktail maker. 

As I said, the beach would not be complete without some beach cocktails! Look up some recipes, maybe from the Bachelor's bartender, and get to shaking. All you need is that small umbrella and voila, anything can be a cute beach cocktail--even water!

5. Online shop. 

Just because you may be stuck at home and not currently on the beach doesn't mean you can't online shop for bathing suits! Memorial Day weekend and summer are coming fast, so get ahead of the game and shop with all the spring breakers. You're basically one of them!

6. Blast that music.

Remember that foam beach party your friends are probably at? Make your own! Get your speaker and blast it (on your fake beach). Who knows, maybe some straggling people or neighbors will join the party! Go on Spotify and find that Bahamas playlist Beta Apple Pie made for their brothers and jam out.

7. Have a barbeque. 

Cook! Make all those delicious foods your friends are eating at home! Its simple, easy, and honestly probably healthier than what they're eating on vacation. One way to say your vacation was better!

In all seriousness, don't be upset if you can't go to spring break with all your friends! It may be tough in the beginning to cope and watch their stories, but they'll still always be your friends and won't forget about you. There will be so many more opportunities to make memories with your friends so don't dwell on spring break. Make the most of what you got--it's only a week!