Spotify Vs. Apple Music

Spotify Vs. Apple Music

Which is the better music streaming service?
48

There has been one certain question on a lot of people's minds lately about two music streaming services: Spotify and Apple Music. I personally prefer Spotify over Apple Music, but some people are still debating whether to make the switch to either company. Here are some of the details that are compared between the two:

Music Library

Spotify advertises that they have over 30 million songs to choose from (minus songs of course from artists like Taylor Swift), and Apple Music says they have around 30 million. However, Apple Music does include Taylor Swift, so since she has such a huge fan base, that one factor can shift one's choice.

New Music Choices

Spotify has an option called "Discover Weekly", which is a playlist updated every Monday of songs that have been personalized by songs previously listened to on Spotify. Apple Music does a similar thing, where when a user first creates an account, they are asked to name some of their favorite artists and this makes suggestions for them too. However, this sounds a little bit too much like what Pandora does.

Radio

A similar feature that Pandora has that these services are using is a radio. On Spotify, users can choose to listen to a station of music that is similar to a specific artist, and it will make a huge playlist of songs and artists that the user can choose from. On Apple Music, they only have exact stations by specific DJs that are playing 24/7, and you can't choose the music like you can on Spotify.

Price

Ah price, a very important factor. Apple Music and Spotify is the same price at $10 a month, However, Spotify does offer a special to students that if they use their student email address, it is only $5 a month. Apple Music also has a family deal for $15 a month that can include up to 6 accounts in a package.