SpongeBob Quotes That College Students Can Relate To

Any day is the perfect day for a list of SpongeBob quotes.

636
stuffpoint.com

I, like most of today’s undergraduates, grew up entertained an anthropomorphic fry-cook sponge and his dumb starfish friend. Since then, SpongeBob SquarePants has become a treasure trove of nostalgia and memorable quotes.

I realized that as I got older and started understanding the few jokes that went over my head as a little kid (“Doubloons! Don’t drop them”), I found some SpongeBob extremely relatable to myself and society around me. As a college student now, I find myself thinking about the yellow sponge a few times more than I used to, not only to relieve stress, but as a realization that some SpongeBob quotes can accurately describe college life

I compiled a list of SpongeBob quotes and scenes that I believe all college students could relate to. Are ya ready, kids?

1. 600 to pass

When finals week rolls around.

2. What's funnier than 24?

When you sit next to your roommate in a chemistry lecture. It’s a good thing one of us understands what’s going on.

3. A man works hard all week to keep his pants off all weekend

This one’s a golden quote. You work so hard on homework, studying, work (unless you work weekends), whatever else you have to do throughout the week, and when that weekend rolls around, it’s like the biggest weight is off until the upcoming Monday. You might not literally take your pants off, but it figuratively feels like you did.

4. FIRMLY GRASP IT

When you can't understand something and you need to.

5. SOILED IT

What happens when you can’t firmly grasp it. Or after you get a bad grade back. Or when you write the worst essay of your life, (which for me, seems to be every single essay I write).

6. Can I be excused for the rest of my life?

How you could feel after a test, a challenging lecture, or when you're absolutely done with everything and want nothing to do with anything else.

7. Not until 4

When you finish one class and have to wait for your 4 P.M. class.

8. Put on my teeth and brush my pants

How I imagine people who are late to their 8 A.M. classes.

9. Wumbology

When you took chemistry in high school and realize you’re going to relearn all that good stuff again. However, it’s more fast-paced and rigorous than high school, so you may or may not have any idea what’s going on.

10. I don't need it.

The struggles of having to budget and sort the needs from the wants are real.

11. Just the three of us

If you need alone time, but your roommate is still in the room. (But don’t build an actual brick wall.)

12. The entire episode of "Procrastination"

Okay, I know this isn't a quote, but there isn't a SpongeBob episode that feels more real than the "Procrastination" episode. We all know the struggle of having that 800 word essay due tomorrow. We've all dealt with the distractions that keep us from working, like the one below:

If you’ve never hopped with your chair before, you really need to. It is actually pretty fun (but be wary if anyone’s living below you).

Despite the large time gap between the show’s early seasons to now, SpongeBob still manages to entertain those that don’t even watch the show anymore. The relatability and the funny quotes still live on in the minds of millennials, who can start conversations just by quoting some of its infamous lines. SpongeBob was an important part of our childhood and will stick with us forever.