Southern California Summer Bucket List

Southern California Summer Bucket List

The list is endless

158
Southern California Summer Bucket List

As the school year comes to an end, my mind fills with endless ideas of what to do over summer. Living in southern California is a blessing because there is an endless list of fun and cool things to do. So if you know you are going to be bored this summer take a look at this list of great activities to do.

1. Go to the beach.

There are 840 miles of coastline in California. Even if you live inland, you can still go to the beach and make a day of it with your friends. In California we are blessed with some of the prettiest beaches in the world, so why not take advantage of them?

2. Take a hike.

Whether you hike the Hollywood sign in LA, the Top of the World hike in Laguna, or even the Potato Chip Rock hike in San Diego, you can have an afternoon of fun. Hikes are a great, cheap way to spend the day. Some of my favorite summer memories come from getting lost on hikes with my best friends.

3. Disneyland

Yes, this is a basic thing to do but it is still one of the best things in Southern California. It can get a little pricey, so make sure you pick a good day and good company.

4. Harry Potter World

Harry Potter World just opened in Universal Studios Hollywood! As you can tell, I'm a little excited but seriously, everyone needs to go.

5. Santa Monica Pier

Again, very iconic and basic but still very fun. It is also not that expensive. There are some very cute shops and good restaurants in the area as well. They also have some cool twilight concerts along with the rides.

6. Sunken City

Located in San Pedro, Sunken City is like no other place. Although there are warning signs and others forbidding climbing to the area, no one worries about it. Full of beautiful graffiti on a bluff, it is definitely a sight to see. Sunset is one of the best times to go because it overlooks the ocean and it is truly beautiful.

7. Zoos

Whether it is the San Diego Zoo of the Los Angeles Zoo, you can see all the animals want. If you want to save money you can even check out the Orange County Zoo. I recommend the San Diego Zoo; the best animals there are the giraffes.

8. Escape Room

Escape rooms are a newish trend. You and up to around 10 or 12 of your friends can each pay $20 or so to try an escape from a room. Each room has a theme and mysteries to be solved. They are very difficult and are rarely escaped in the amount of time given. If you and your friends are looking to be challenged, then this is a great activity for you all.

9. Venice Beach

You haven't seen it all until you've been to Venice. There is street entertainment at every intersection along Ocean Front Walk. The people are very eclectic. Tattoos and piercings are the norm and if you want one you can find a shop that will give you exactly what you want.

10. Go to a show taping.

A great website to join is 1iota.com to see a number of shows for free. Many TB shows including "The Voice," and "Jimmy Kimmel Live" are featured on this site. I have gone to many tapings and they are always a great time.

11. Eat

The list of eateries is extensive in Southern California. In-n-Out, though a fast food restaurant is always a classic go-to for a hot summer day. No matter where you are Yelp will help you find the best of the best food places in your SoCal area.

12. Museums/Art Exhibits

LACMA to the Museum of Tolerance, both are very interesting and inexpensive. You can spend a day hoping from place to place and covering all the best museums and art exhibits in LA.