Maybe Your Soulmate Is Your Best Friend, NOT Your Significant Other

And not your significant other.

343
Olivia Jacques

Everyone wants to find their soulmate. Someone to spend the rest of their life with. Someone to always have and be able to confide in. Many people search for this in a significant other. Many people believe you're supposed to marry your soulmate and be with them forever.

I only believe in one soulmate. Some people think you can have multiple, but I believe that there is only one person out there who is truly meant for you, the true love of your life.

But what if your soulmate isn't a significant other? Maybe you aren't supposed to marry your soulmate, but your soulmate is just the person who is always there for you. The person who has your back and supports you 24/7.

Maybe your soulmate is your best friend.

Think about it. Your best friend is always there for you. They never leave you. They love you in a way no one does. Yes, your significant other can be your best friend too, but I'm talking about your girly pops or your boys. The people who have been there before your significant other and the people that will be there long after you and your significant other don't work out.

Maybe your soulmates are your best friends you go to brunch with or have drinks with on random nights. The ones who've known you since childhood and the ones you'll still be friends with when you're 70.

Your best friends know you like no other. They see sides of you your parents, co-workers and even significant others don't see. And they are still your best friends.

These people are your go-to. They're your speed dial, the ones you tell good news, the ones who support you and your shoulder to cry on.

So why can't your besties be your soulmates? Because you aren't intimate? So? That's not what it's always about. These people are always there for you. So maybe your best friends are your soulmates.