11 Songs To Listen To When You Need A Break

Easy listening for when life isn't easy.

3569
jeanwilmotte.it

You've all heard it--from our parents, our grandparents, movies, books, et cetera--life moves pretty fast, and it's only going to get faster. It can feel overwhelming at times. Sometimes it's important to take a step back and re-evaluate; here's a list of 11 songs to help you cope when the goin' gets tough.

1. John Mayer: Stop This Train

Best lyrics: It's only change/It's only everything I know/It's only change/And I'm only changing:

2. Ben Folds: Still

Best lyrics: It's only change/It's only everything I know/It's only change/And I'm only changing

3. Ingrid Michaelson: Turn to Stone

Best lyrics: Let's take a better look/beyond a storybook/And learn our souls are all we own/before we turn to stone

4. Sara Bareilles: Chasing the Sun

Best lyrics: And the gift of my heartbeat sounds like a symphony/Played by a cemetery in the center of Queens

5. James Bay: Scars

Best lyrics: Your lion’s heart will protect you under stormy skies/And I will always be listening for your laughter and your tears

6. Christina Perri: Sea of Lovers

Best lyrics: A certain type of wind has swept me up/A chill has found each bone/I am overcome/There is an icy breath that escapes my lips/And I am lost again

7. Mumford & Sons: Awake My Soul

Best lyrics: In these bodies we will live, in these bodies we will die/And where you invest your love, you invest your life

8. Regina Spektor: Blue Lips

Best lyrics: Blue, the most human color

9. Vance Joy: Georgia

Best lyrics: And now you’ve come and gone/I’ve finally worked it out, I worked it out

10. The Beatles: Blackbird

Best lyrics: Take these sunken eyes and learn to see/All your life you were only waiting for this moment to be free

11. Stevie Nicks: Landslide