10 Songs I Will Forever Roll My Windows Down To

Just try to resist tapping your foot to these tunes.

233
favim.com

Close your eyes. Think of a song you love, one that makes you really happy. There you go. Close 'em tight! No peaking! Don't read ahead! Really think. What song really boosts your spirits whenever you need it?

Did you think about it? Promise? Okay, good. Want to hear mine? I have a HUGE list, but I think I've narrowed it down. Music is my life source, the breath in my lungs. Music is the only universal language in my book. It transcends language. It does what just plain words cannot. It can affect your mood, your day, your life. Here are the ten songs that I always roll my windows down to, that give me life, hope, happiness, and bring a smile to my face no matter what the day holds.

1. Cool Kids by Echosmith

Other than Echosmith just being an all around awesome band, and their first single still being one of my favorite songs of all time, their lead singer's name is the same as mine: Sydney! So, I can't not love them! But this song is just so good and the techno beats and catchy lyrics always get stuck in my head. I wish that I could be like the cool kids!

2. Should've Gone to Bed by Plain White T's

Oh, good ol' Plain White T's. I didn't think there could ever be a PWT song better than "Hey There Delilah", but this song popped up in my Spotify recommendations a while back, and I fell in love with it. Although the song is a story of a guy drunk dialing a girl and regretting it, overall it's still a great song, and a good message to any sleep deprived college student: I should've just gone to bed!

3. Postcard by Jukebox the Ghost

As far as bands go, I got to be honest, I don't know the first thing about Jukebox the Ghost. If any of you know any other awesome songs by them, I will gladly accept recommendations! But, this song's pop-y, foot tapping rhythm and piano lead line make my heart happy. And, to top off the goodness of Ben Thornewill's (okay, so I looked his name up for this article) alto-tenor-very-much-in-my-range voice, the opening lyrics are, "I don't want you to be broken / I just want you to feel good." How can you not smile at that!?

4. Float by Switchfoot

Okay, we need to talk about how much I love Switchfoot's new album. It's absolutely, without a doubt my favorite Switchfoot album. This song just makes me dance uncontrollably no matter where I am. I heard this song in a store the other day, and I started (very badly) moonwalking until my friend announced that I was embarrassing her, and she would be leaving the mall without me if i kept dancing like a white girl. I was not even ashamed of my terrible moves. I love the catchy lyrics that talk about floating to the sound of music.

5. Mrs. Hippopotamuses by Relient K

This song is also from a brand new album. Relient K took some time off from music, and I am so, so happy with their return. "Air For Free" has great songs on it, and the Reddit analysis of the album is ridiculously cool, but the story behind this song is literally just Ohio. The whole song is about OH-IO (Here we go Brownies, here we go!). The Cleveland Browns cheer is even repeated throughout the entire song. Being of Ohio blood, I can appreciate this song even more. But it also has an awesome guitar line and those punk pop beats I can't help but jam to.

6. Introducing Me by Nick Jonas

Please don't judge me for including this song! It just reminds me of my childhood and the Nick Jonas I grew up being in love with. The lyrics are all goofy and cute, and the song is from "Camp Rock 2", which was one my favorite Disney movies growing up. It also was the inspiration for the dumbest song I've ever written. An oldie but a goodie, "Introducing Me" will always hold a special place in my heart.

7. Chocolate by The 1975

When this song first came out, I really truly hated it. I didn't want to like this song, but it started creeping into my head and getting stuck there. I have avoided looking up what this song is actually about for fear of the song being ruined for me, but I most certainly will roll my windows down and scream the lyrics at the top of my lungs.

8. Run by West of Here

I can guarantee you don't know this song, but you most definitely should. If you look up no other song from this list, let this one be the one. West of Here is a band of brothers from Canada with a small following and a big heart for people and music. I randomly discovered them on Instagram right when they were first starting out. I tell everyone I know about them. The music video for this song is amazing, and if you even kind of like bluegrass music, cool guitar licks, and indie vocals (or all of the above!), you HAVE to go look up this song right now.

9. Grab Your Shoes by Andrew Allen

Andrew Allen has never been on my radar, but this song also popped up on my Discover Weekly playlist, and it's such a cute, fun song. It's all about a couple escaping town and not having time to grab anything but their shoes. It's an adorable song and definitely one to jam to on a sunny day with the sun roof open driving on a back country road or through the city streets of SoCal.

...and drum roll please for the number ten windows down song (especailly for all you single pringles out there!)

10. Everybody's Got Somebody But Me by Hunter Hayes and Jason Mraz

Hunter Hayes and Jason Mraz nailed this collaboration. This catchy tune is two dudes complaining that they feel like the only ones in the world without somebody to love. I think we all can relate! This has been my favorite song to drive to since it came out, and I don't think that will change any time soon.

If you want to hear these songs (or any of my honorable mentions!), here's the link to a Spotify playlist containing all of these songs!