Songs To Help You Remind You Of Your Worth

You're insecure, don't know what for You're turning heads when you walk through the door

14148
Willian_Ferreira_Soares

Oftentimes, we look to music to bring out the emotions we are feeling or trying to escape. Well, music also helps to accentuate what we should have which is confidence and self-worth. A lot of times, I see women tearing each other down and not sticking up for each other. We forget that our strength comes from women before us and around us. Here are some songs to remind us of our worth and confidence.

We Are Who We Are- Little Mix

This song is from Little Mix's debut album, DNA and it resonates so much in me and the society we live. This song is about appreciating what we have and knowing our own mind. If you look around, our society is more looks based and not intelligence-based. Christina Yang said it best in Grey's Anatomy, "Oh, screw beautiful. If you want to appease me, compliment my brain."

The Schuyler Sisters- Hamilton

I had to. I just had to. I am obsessed with Hamilton and its various underlying themes. This song introduces three of many women in our history who have either remained anonymous or as a footnote in our history. Peggy, Eliza, and Angelica Schuyler demonstrate the importance of being equal to men and being appreciated for their minds instead of their social standings. This song is truly about confidence, believing in yourself and not being afraid to voice your opinions.

So Small- Carrie Underwood

Carrie Underwood reminds us so eloquently that the problems that we perceive to be so huge can be a simple grain of sand in the larger scheme of our lives. In life, we are dealt various hands and some things that seem huge is honestly small. We've all been there. Just keep swimming as Dory would say.

Dangerous- Built By Titan ft. Jesse McCartney

Jesse McCartney is truly one of the most underrated singers of our time. This man can sing on and off stage. He can sing, dance, and act. This song is just about believing in yourself and ignoring the naysayers. You, yourself, are dangerous when you have your mind laser-focused and you're reaching for your goals. Every step back leads to something greater. Get that degree, get that job, go live somewhere new. Just do it. Your mind and will are the most powerful things you can possess.

Your Heart- RaeLynn

She's a new artist that I fell in love. We all have those days when we're feeling like the world is against us. However, she presents us with options. Are you going to cry and curse or are you going to sing karaoke with your best friend? RaeLynn reminds us that no one is worth your tears and self-respect. Your confidence, self-respect and worth lies in you.

What Makes You Beautiful- One Direction

This is possibly the most corniest song on the list and it's the One Direction that we know and love. I mean, baby Harry Styles!! *Insert heart eyes emoji* I don't know about you but I find it nicer to be called beautiful rather than hot or pretty. Beautiful is classic. It's your eyes, smile, personality, brains, wits, just everything.

Fight Song- Rachel Platten

Every day is another chance to fight for something you believe in. It could be a fight for your sanity, health, grades, inner demons or anything big and small. Platten reminds us that as long as we keep fighting, we have a chance to be something or someone great.

Survivor- Reba McEntire

Give it up for the Queen of Country. She is a gorgeous force of nature. I personally identify with this song because I was the baby girl who was not expected to live. It was only my fighting spirit and my parents' and grandmother's belief that I would live that brought me where I am today. Not only that, it is another reminder of the fact life is tough. Every single one of us is a survivor whether it is cancer, rape, horrific accidents, a rare birth deformity or anything. You. Will. Survive.

This One's For The Girls- Martina McBride

This is a song for women and girls of all ages, whether you're 5, 13, 25, 40, or 60. Women of all ages deserve to be appreciated and acknowledged. This a wonderful feel-good song that will lift your spirits.

Shake it Out- Florence + The Machine

We have good days and bad days. Sometimes, the easiest thing to do is to give in to the "devil on our shoulder" rather than doing the hard thing which is to soldier on. Regrets will always keep collecting and FATM say it simply, "It is always darkest before the dawn." So many times, our problems seem so great that we cannot see the solution to our problem which is simply an inch away. Your bad days does not mean you're a bad person or that you're incompetent. It means that you just haven't found the solution yet.

Shake It Off- Taylor Swift

Love her or hate her, but Taylor Swift's attitude to the bad press is something we can all identify with. Sure, we don't all have the media following our every move but we are constantly judged from everyone and you just have to shake it off and live your life. Don't let anyone take the smile off your face except yourself.

Stand- Rascal Flatts

This band is so close to my heart. They can capture the thoughts and feelings of the people and express it in a beautiful melody. Right from the get-go, that just because the strongest wind can blow out the flames that is ignited in you, you can and should still rise and meet the challenges that are thrown at you. This song is about not staying down but realizing our own inner strength.

I Won't- Little Mix

This song is from LM's junior album and it's just a reminder of not letting the world getting to you. The girls remind us that we don't need anything more or less than our self-respect and pride. This song is perfect for remembering our inner confidence.

Free- Rudimental ft. Emile Sandé

The standards of beauty are ridiculous. We get bogged down by the societal pressures and we just want to be free. It doesn't matter if you don't do yoga, sleep in on a Sunday or drink a little more than recommended. Just stay true to yourself and be kind to yourself. Set yourself free. Don't bind yourself in the little inconsequential things that society dictates. Be your own self. Dictate your own term and live your own truth and life.

Who Says- Selena Gomez

Selena Gomez perfectly expresses what we feel at our lowest. We feel ugly, insecure, or imperfect. However, Gomez reminds us that it is just the opposite. We are the only ones who can decide what we are. Not anyone else. Also, Sel is GORGEOUS!

Brave- Sara Bareilles

Ever feel like you don't have a voice? You're a wallfower? You don't matter or you're small? Bareilles reminds us that we are neither of those things. She reminds us to hold our heads high and be ourselves. Laugh, live, love, and just be happy.

Clued Up- Little Mix

We've all been there. The feeling of just wanting to blend in. Not wanting to follow the same trends as everyone else, hoping we can fit in. LM again tells us to stop! Be YOURSELF! If you do not love yourself, how can you expect someone else to love the beautiful and exquisite mess you are?

Fifteen- Taylor Swift

This one is for the youngin's. Swift sings of that rough time when we're beginning freshman year in high school or college. It's always a rough beginning but with a best friend by your side singing karaoke, sending goofy snapchats, and talking about boys, you know you can conquer anything.