Whether you watch "Grey's Anatomy" or not, you've definitely heard of it. People who don't watch it just think that Grey's is just a TV show where surgeons hook up with each other. But the people, myself included, who actually watch the show and have seen every single episode at least ten times, know that Grey's is so much more. "Grey's Anatomy" is a lifestyle. Grey's teaches regular people valuable life lessons. Grey's gives great pieces of advice, and says things that leave you thinking. These's so many great quotes that I could use but here's 37 of the best Grey's quotes of all time.
1. "Have some fire. Be unstoppable. Be a force of nature."
2. "Cause you never think the last time is the last. You think there will be more. You think you have forever, but you don't."
3. "Sometimes it's good to be scared. It means you still have something to lose."
4. "At some point you have to make a decision. Boundaries don't keep other people out, they fence you in. Life is messy. That's how we're made. So you can waste your time drawing lines. Or you can live your life crossing them."
5. "Don't let fear keep you quiet. You have a voice, so use it. Speak up. Raise your hand. Shout your answers. Make yourself heard. Whatever it takes, just find your voice, and when you do, use it to fill the damn silence."
6. "If you love someone, tell them. Even if you're scared it's not the right thing. Even if you're scared it'll cause problems. Even if you're scared it'll burn your life to the ground. You say it. You say it loud."
7. "The human life is made up of choices. Yes or no. In or out. Up or down. And then there are choices that matter. Love or hate. To be a hero or to be a coward. To fight or to give in. To live or die. Live or die, that's the important choice. And it's not always in our hands."
8. "Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it. But every now and then, look around. Drink it in, cause this is it. It might be all gone tomorrow."
9. "Knowing is better than wondering. Waking is better then sleeping, and even the biggest failure even the worst, beats the hell out of never trying."
10. "We spend our whole life worrying about the future, planning for the future, trying to predict the future, as if figuring it out will cushion the blow. But the future is always changing. The future is home of our deepest fears and wildest hopes. But one things certain, when it finally reveals itself, the future is never the way we imagined it."
11. "There comes a point where it all becomes too much. When we get too tired to fight anymore. So we give up. That's when the real work begins. To find hope, where there seems to be absolutely none at all."
12. "Change; we don't like it, we fear it, but we can't stop it from coming. We either adapt to the change or we get left behind. And it hurts to grow, anybody who tells you it doesn't is lying. But here's the truth; the more things change, the more they stay the same, and sometimes oh sometimes, change is good. Sometimes change is everything."
13. "If you want crappy things to stop happening to you, then stop accepting crap and start demanding more."
14. "Time flies, time waits for no man. Time heals all wounds. All any of us want is more time. Time to stand up. Time to grow up. Time to let go. Time."
15. "We've all done things we aren't proud of. I understand that. I know no ones perfect, but how do you live with it? How do you get up every morning knowing you could have done better, that you should have done better? Is being sorry enough? Can an apology actually heal our wounds? Ease our pain? Can it undo the hurt that we've caused?"
16. "Some wounds we carry with us everywhere... and though the cut is no longer there, the pain still lingers."
17. "Pain, you just have to ride it out, hope it goes away on its own, hope the wound that caused it heals. There are no solutions, no easy answers, you just breathe deep and wait for it to subside. Most of the time pain can be managed but sometimes the pain gets worse when we least expect it. It hits way below the belt and doesn't let up. Pain, you just have to fight through, because the truth is, you can't outrun it and life always makes more."
18. "Maybe we aren't supposed to be happy, maybe gratitude has nothing to do with joy. Maybe being grateful means recognizing what you have for what it is, appreciating small victories. Admiring the struggle it takes to simply be human. Maybe we're thankful for the familiar things we know. At the end of the day, the fact that we have courage to still be standing is reason enough to celebrate."
19. "Sometimes the future changes quickly and completely and we're left with only the choice of what to do next. We can choose to be afraid of it, to stand there trembling, not moving, assuming the worst that can happen or we can step forward into the unknown and assume it will be brilliant."
20. "So do it, decide. Is this the life you want to live? Is this the person you want to love? Is this the best you can be? Can you be stronger? Kinder? More compassionate? Decide. Breathe in, breathe out and decide."
21. "I don't know why we all hang on to something we know we're better off letting go. It's like we're scared to lose something we don't even really have. Some of us said we'd rather have something than absolutely nothing, but the truth is, to have it halfway is harder than not having it at all."
22. "We lose those battles as often as we succeed. The key though, win or lose, is to never fail. And the only way not to fail is to not fight. So you fight until you can't fight anymore. Never let go. Never give up. Never run. Never surrender. Fight the good fight, you fight even when it seems inevitable. You're about to go down swinging."
23."Letting go is the easy part. It's the moving on that's painful. So sometimes we fight it, trying to keep things the same. Things can't stay the same though. At some point you just have to let go, move on. Because no matter how painful it is, it's the only way we grow."
24. "You were like coming up for fresh air. It was like I was drowning and you saved me."
25. "We're supposed to feel. We're supposed to love. And hate. And hurt. And grieve. And break and be destroyed, and we build ourselves to be destroyed again, that is human. That is humanity, that's being alive. That's the point. That's the entire point. Don't avoid it. Don't extinguish it."
26. "Supporting someone and respecting someone isn't the same thing."
27. "Too often, the thing that you want most is the thing you can't have."
28. "Okay here it is. Your choice. It’ s simple. Her or me. And I’m sure she’ s really great. But Derek, I love you, in a really, really big pretend to like your taste in music, let you eat the last piece of cheesecake, hold a radio over my head outside your window unfortunate way that makes me hate you, love you. So pick me. Choose me. Love me."
29. "You can have the worst crap in the world happen to you and you can get over it. All you gotta do is survive."
30. "We do our very best, but sometimes it's just not good enough. We buckle our seat belts, we wear a helmet, we stick to the lighted paths, we try to be safe. We try so hard to protect ourselves, but it doesn't make a damn bit of difference. Cause when the bad things come, they come out of nowhere. The bad things come suddenly, with no warning. But we forget that sometimes that's how the good things come too."
31. "It turns out sometimes you have to do the wrong thing. Sometimes you have to make a big mistake to figure out how to make things right. Mistakes are painful, but they're the only way to find out who we really are."
32. "You never know the biggest day of your life is going to be the biggest. The days you think are going to be the big ones, they are never as big as you make them out to be in your head. It's the regular days, the ones that start out normal. Those are the days that end up being the biggest."
33. "You know, whenever anyone says something really funny and I laugh, I always look around to see if you think it’s funny too. Even when you’re not there, I still look around."
34. "I want to talk to you, but we’re having two different conversations ‘cause I want to work on things and you just want to end them."
35. "I love you and I always have. I love everything about you. I love even the things I don’t like and I want you with me."
36. "Even if something seems like it can’t be fixed, doesn’t mean it’s broken."
37. "IT'S A BEAUTIFUL DAY TO SAVE LIVES."
Bonus: "You're my person."
Everyone who watches Grey's Anatomy will get that.