Expand Your Personal Power With Solar Plexus Healing

It is time that we all find our own, unique identities without the fear of criticism, judgment, or rejection from others.
841

The solar plexus chakra is all about identity and individuality. Located in the upper part of the abdomen, the third chakra energies connect to the stomach, pancreas, adrenals, upper intestines, gallbladder, liver, and the middle spine. This is the basis from which we learn to establish our own unique identities, free from external influences like groups, families, or friends. By balancing and strengthening the solar plexus chakra with lifestyle changes, we are able to illuminate our unique individual power.

The solar plexus’ location makes it an important area of focus for health. Solar plexus energy connects with the major digestive centers of the body and if a build-up of dysfunctional energy due to stress is experienced in the third chakra, the associated organs will not work optimally. When these organs become stressed, enzyme and nutrient absorption decrease, as will our energy levels. This is why arthritis, ulcers, pancreatitis, diabetes, indigestion, eating disorders, and adrenal fatigue are common physical dysfunctions associated with an imbalanced solar plexus chakra. Regular self-care routines can help to benefit these energies.

One way to release imbalanced solar plexus energies is to de-stress. Freeing your mind, body, and spirit of all that burdens you help remove the stress plaguing your being. Here are a few self-care routine suggestions of how to de-stress:

• Get moving - Through physical activity, we are able to tap into our physical bodies and create the movement of energy within our energy being.
  • Get zen - Learn a new relaxation technique like mindfulness meditation or yoga
  • Get real - Learn to accept your feelings. Unresolved feelings and emotions cause imbalances to the energy system and dysfunctions to the physical being, specifically the areas related to the solar plexus. Accepting feelings and emotions brings them to the surface and prepares them for removal from the energy field.
  • Acknowledge how much you can tolerate and back out when you are tired
  • Get involved - with an organization that is meaningful to you

In the process of finding our personal powers, Caroline Myss, author of Anatomy of the Spirit: The Seven Stages of Power and Healing, believes we go through four stages: revolution, involution, narcissism, and evolution.

In Stage 1, the personal revolution, we separate from group thought and establish our own authorities, free from outside energy and influences.

Stage 2, involution, suggests that once we separate from the group, we are able to begin exploring our inner self. During involution, we assess how the external world influences us and begin to ask questions about our individual needs. Changes begin to follow involution as identity aligns with the true self.

This is when narcissism, also known as stage 3, becomes important. It is through narcissism that you become confident in the who you are. Stage 3 prepares us by removing remove internal and external criticism and judgment. The final phase is evolution, where we allow ourselves to evolve by accepting the entrance into the unknown. This is when we are able to begin trusting bodily instincts and guidance. Once here, we must move forward with confidence in order to be able to align with our personal powers.

Upon clearing out the dysfunctional energy clouds, we are finally able to let our light shine. The best way to build up solar plexus energies is simply to believe in yourself. Without faith in oneself, nothing is possible. We must all find our own, unique identities without the fear of judgment, criticism or rejection from others. Only then will the solar plexus chakra find balance.