All bodies are beautiful despite society's "perfect"
Boyfriends

Girls, We Need To Stop Trying to Be 'Perfect'

What is perfect anyways?

29
Julie Johnson

Perfect... Perfect is a word that can mean so many things to so many people. But, why? Why do we use that word to describe women? Perfect can mean so many different things. Big lips, long hair, and a slim body are some of the main physical attributes to what most people assume is a "perfect" person.

All women are beautiful. All bodies are beautiful. All you have to do to see that is to know that everyone is beautiful in their own ways. When you start to realize that everyone is beautiful, you start to realize that "perfect" doesn't exist. You start to see the beauty in everyone and everything. You see that everything from the worms in the ground to your best friend is beautiful!

When I used to think of "perfect", I used to think of Barbie. Blonde hair, slim, and super stylish. Of course, all of those things are super beautiful, but so is brown hair, thicker bodies, and people who don't have the most amazing fashion sense.

Shaming needs to stop! Any type of shaming is no good! Fat-shaming is when people make fun of or shame people who are bigger than socially acceptable. I am a bigger girl, and I am still beautiful. People who have more meat on their skin do not deserve to be shamed just because they are big.

The same goes for the smaller people skinny-shaming is also a huge problem that we need to be aware of. Skinny people are just as beautiful as beautiful as bigger people. Telling a smaller person to "eat a sandwich" is similar to telling a bigger person to "hit the gym". They're both not okay. All body types are beautiful. Skinny, big, medium, and all skin colors, too! Everyone is beautiful!!

I have a challenge for you, whoever is reading this. Look at the beauty in everything. Take a look around, right now and look at what is beautiful. When you come across someone who is different from you, look at them and discover why they are beautiful. Look at the differences and you will realize how everyone is beautiful in their own ways.

One more thing. Give 3 compliments each and every day. Whether they are similar to you or different from you, complimenting someone will make their day, and just that will make you feel better. See how everyone is beautiful and it will make you feel safe and secure in your body, even if you're not "perfect".