So You're Going To Ireland

So You're Going To Ireland

Here's what you ned to bring.

3
Life Advancer

By the time this article goes live, I will already have been on the Emerald Isle for a few days. My trip, while short, involved months of planning, multiple Pinterest posts, and hours on airline websites making sure I wasn't packing things I couldn't have. One thing that's really important to do when traveling is to pack for the weather of the country you're going to, not the country you're in. While Pennsylvania is currently sunny and hot, Ireland is overcast with a more mild temperature. It's important to do your research and pack accordingly, so here are some of my recommendations for an excursion to Ireland!

For your flight:

Philadelphia to Dublin is approximately a seven-hour flight. Since I will be confined to a tiny airplane seat for nearly a third of the day, I chose to go with a comfy and casual outfit that will keep me warm while still looking cute. I chose Jeggings, because let's face it, they're the most comfortable jeans, a short sleeve top and knit cardigan, and my favorite sandals. Don't forget to put face wipes, toothpaste, a toothbrush, and deodorant in your carry on!

For your stay:

I packed a mix of short and long sleeve tops, along with lightweight sweaters. Everything I packed can be easily layered and will match anything, making my outfit possibilities endless. I also recommend at least one sweater-like dress for any formal occasions that may arise. I love dark colors, so I chose to stick with blacks, maroons, and dark greens.

Footwear:

Since I'll be doing a lot of walking, I chose to bring converse, which are well broken-in, and Birkenstock-style sandals (from Payless). I also brought one pair of dressier sandals for any excursions that don't involve a lot of walking, like experiencing nightlife or going out for dinner. I also read online that wool is recommended, so I threw a few pairs of wool socks into my suitcase.

Be prepared for the weather:

If there's one thing we know about Ireland it's that it rains a lot. A few months ago, I purchased a Marley Lilly monogrammed rain jacket for my trip. I also bought a compact totes umbrella and will be bringing my rain boots. All of these I packed into my carry-on, since they're pretty much essentials.