Snapchat Streaks Are Valuable For Keeping Up With Friends

Snapchat Streaks Are Valuable, Despite Popular Belief

I think Snap streaks are a great way to keep in touch with old friends

203

Recently, online, it has become a popular opinion that having a lot of Snapchat streaks is pointless, but I disagree. I think that the creation of social media is a great way to keep in contact with people that mean a lot to you, but that you don't see daily.

I find it especially useful for keeping in contact with high school friends. I also have friends from camp that I still keep in touch with over Snapchat who don't live anywhere near me and whom I never get to see. A lot of my high school friends did not end up going to the same college as me, and even if they did, for the most part, we went our separate ways. That doesn't mean I don't care about these people. In fact, it is the opposite, and I still like to keep in contact and see what they are up to.

I think that Snapchat is better than text because it is more casual and less formal, which means you get to see their daily lives without really having to have something to say. Sometimes I don't have anything to comment on, so there really isn't anything to text, but just to send a quick picture and update keeps you in the know.

I just recently hit a 1000 day streak with my best guy friend from high school. Every day I still get to see what he is up to, who he is hanging out with, and just how he is doing. I think having a Snapchat streak can make you feel like you are involved in someone's daily life and that you are still in the loop, instead of having to FaceTime or hang out every few months and have to catch up all then. I like to know along the way what is going on with friends so I can be there for them and with them as life goes on. I don't like feeling disconnected from those who are important to me.