30 Small Resolutions To Help You Become Your Best 'You' In 2018

We cannot expect ourselves to be able to change overnight.
190

It's a little more than a week into the new year, which means that the resolutions are flowing. If you're anything like me, my resolutions get old fast and barely last until the end of the month.

While making the following list, I kept in mind Mother Teresa's quote, "Do small things with great love." Instead of trying to totally change immediately in 2018, I am going to try to do little things over the course of a day, week, month or even the whole year.

I think that it is important for people to remember what Mother Theresa said. Remember that change takes time and work. It won't happen overnight and we cannot expect ourselves to be able to change overnight.

It is also important to remember that just because a change or action is small, it does not mean that it has any less of an effect on our lives or the lives of another.

1. Smile more

2. Say hello to someone you wouldn’t normally

3. Let people know that you love them

4. Hold the door

5. Take more walks

6. Start a savings jar

7. Read more

8. Volunteer

9. Hug more

10. Learn a new skill

11. Keep your phone off for a few hours a day

12. Start a daily devotion

13. Sit up straighter

14. Meet a new person each day

15. Start a conversation with a new person every day that you wouldn’t normally

16. Laugh more

17. Organize something different each month

18. Take the stairs

19. Watch the movies you’ve wanted to see

20. Learn a new joke each day

21. Stretch more

22. Talk more and text less

23. Try one new food each month

24. Journal

25. Take a cooking class

26. Start saving money for a trip

27. Say more prayers of thanks instead or prayers of need

28. Play a new game

29. Plan a family game night or dinner

30. Revamp study skills