I'm Beginning The Slow Process Of Learning To Say Goodbye

I'm Slowly Learning To Say Goodbye To Everything That Is No Longer Good For Me

Goodbyes are necessary in order for you to move on to the next phase of your growth.

camilam
camilam
78

Whether you like to realize it or not, life passes you by quickly. Nothing is set in stone and nothing lasts forever. When it comes to your life, the things and the people in it, it can sometimes be hard to let go and say goodbye. But goodbyes are necessary to move on to the next phase of your growth.

Now that we are well into the new year, I have proposed to myself the task of saying goodbye. I want to work on closing the door behind me and looking ahead. Starting the new year off on the right foot and moving forward starts by saying goodbye to the past. It is time to realize my life is headed in a different direction and the things that once mattered to me or who I was before are no longer important.

There should not be much room in your life for storage.

In life, space is limited, and that space should only be occupied with the things that mattered most. As we grow older, those things start to change. We value different things and our personalities start to change.

There is true power in saying goodbye to what once was. I have never been good at goodbyes. In fact, I hate them. Goodbyes and change scare me, and holding on and dwelling is sometimes easier.

But this time, I'm slowly learning to say goodbye to everything that is no longer good for me.

I'm learning to say goodbye to the people in my life who don't provide any type of quality to who I am as a person. I'm saying goodbye to the doubters, the selfish, the arrogant, the lazy and the fake. I'm saying goodbye to the ones who shattered my heart and didn't look back to see where the pieces fell.

I'm learning to let go of the negative perspectives and attitude I've held on to for so long. I'm learning to let go of my self-doubt, the "I'm not good enough's" or "I'm not smart enough's." It's time to stop looking in the mirror and wishing I was more than what I am. It's time to say goodbye to the pessimist inside of me.

I'm learning to say goodbye to a comfortable lifestyle because it's the one I've always known. It is time for me to embrace change.

I'm learning to say goodbye to the fear of the unknown.

It's time for me to accept new challenges and new opportunities without fear. I'm learning to say goodbye to bad habits and limiting beliefs. I'm learning to say goodbye to everything and anything that is preventing me from living the life I want. I'm learning to let go of everything that once made me sad.

I'm learning to say goodbye to who I once was and how to hold on to the right things.

I'm holding on to the difficulties that make me grow, to the people that encourage me and see the real me. I'm holding on to family and self-love. I'm learning to say hello to a new life.