The Benefits Of Getting A Massage
Wellbeing

I Got A Massage For The First Time Ever And It's Life Changing, Go 'Treat Yo Self' To one Already

Stop coming up with excuses you skeptics and treat yo' self!

151

For so long, I thought massages were a luxury only the spoiled and pampered demanded to ease their petty problems. I was skeptical of the real effects and benefits that I never really thought about getting one until recently. So many of my friends have told me how great they are and slowly I started coming around to it until I pushed myself to get one a couple weeks ago.

Ladies and gents, if you are skeptical of what a massage can do, let me tell you that you're wasting your time thinking about it when you can be out getting one. I was in your shoes not too long ago and I made all the excuses in the world not to get one.

"It's too expensive. I don't want to waste my money if it's not worth it."

"It's going to hurt."

"I don't want a stranger's hands on me."

Excuses are just excuses and sometimes you just have to bite the bullet.

For my 22nd birthday, I got treated to one full hour of amazing bliss.

I'm telling you to go and do it. Like NOW!!

Image result for parks and rec massage gifs

No, it doesn't have to be expensive. I had a $20 massage for one full hour of relaxation. Do your research. Check the places with good reviews and cheap prices because they do exist and it is worth it!

If you think it's going to be one full hour of pain, you're wrong. There are times where you will feel more pressure and it might be a little painful but it doesn't last. If you've done the research on a good place, you'll be fine.

A small warning, you might feel a little sore the next day because you're not used to it. It doesn't negate how relaxing and soothing it is.

Now a stranger's hands on you may be weird and uncomfortable but remember they are a licensed massage therapist and it's completely normal. If that still doesn't help, try to think about happy thoughts.

It is super worth it! The benefits seriously outweigh your worries. It's not just an hour to be pampered, my friends. This is an hour that improves your health and wellness.

While it can't take credit for completely taking over your medical care, it can do a lot to improve your physical and mental health. Research has found that massage therapy can reduce anxiety, insomnia, early onset of dementia, back pain, joint pain, muscle pain, and any pain really.

You're in a fantastic mood when it's all said and done. Like exercise, it releases endorphins. So you can be in a happier mood without all the increased physical activity.

It also improves your posture, skin tone, immune system, blood pressure, etc.

I am serious! This list goes on and on!

As someone who suffers from chronic migraines, I can say that one migraine went away with only one hour. It hasn't returned yet, but I hear that it's not as frequent the more routine the messages. I'm telling you that all your worries seem so small when thinking about all the great benefits to attain from it.

So, if you've been stressed lately, it's time to seriously consider biting the bullet and treating yourself to a one hour massage.

You will not regret it!