To My Sister On Her Wedding Day

To My Sister On Her Wedding Day

“I thank God every day that I haven’t had to spend a day of my life without her by my side.”
45131

A few weeks ago, my sister married the man of her dreams. I am happy to say that I couldn’t imagine a more perfect fit for my sister. At the wedding I gave a speech, because as the maid of honor, that was one of my obligations. I wrote my speech ahead of time because I tend to get nervous speaking in front of crowds of 200+. Now that the wedding is over, I would like to share the speech that I prepared.

“Hello everyone. For those of you that don’t know me, my name is Caroline and I am the bride’s little sister. As you probably know, weddings are not the easiest to plan, and Kassi isn’t always the easiest to please, so the Pevonka household has been pretty crazy these last few weeks. With all the madness going on, it was easy to forget the reason for it all. Now that the chaos has ended, it has finally hit me that my big sis is getting married. Looking at her right now, I can’t help but get a little emotional. My sister is the most beautiful woman I know. Yes, she has her hair done and make-up on, but that’s not the kind of beautiful I’m talking about. Don’t get me wrong, my sister is a sold 10, but that kind of physical beauty fades with age. My sisters beauty shines from within and touches everyone she meets. Zach, I hope you know that you are the luckiest man in the world.

Kassi, I am so proud of the way you took charge and raised Keegan; I mean it takes a special kind of person to raise a child at the age of 20. I never had a doubt in my mind that she would be the amazing mom that she is because she has had it in her her entire life. Ever since I can remember, Kassi has been the second mom I never wanted. She dressed me, drove my carpool to school, and even told me which boys I wasn’t allowed to date. While her bossiness led to many fights in my teenage years, I can’t thank her enough for looking out for me all these years. I thank God every day that I haven’t had to spend a day of my life without her by my side.

Zach, I want you to know that my sister loves you more than anything in the entire world. Trust me, she would not be marrying you if she didn’t feel that way. My sister is a perfectionist and doesn’t settle for anything or anyone, so in her eyes, you are as close to perfect as they come. I couldn’t imagine a better fit for my sister, only someone as calm as you can handle her sassiness all the time.

In life we are never promised anything. We aren’t promised the job of our dreams or the big house we always wanted. We aren’t promised the nicest things, or a lifetime of health. But one thing that I can promise you, Zach, is that my sister will love you unconditionally every day for the rest of her life. Whatever life may throw at you, whatever challenges you may have to face, never forget to check your side because my sister will always be right there. She is the kind that you can count on for life.

Congrats to the happy couple. I love you guys.”