An Open Letter To My Sister

An Open Letter To My Sister

"Sisters by chance, friends by choice." - Anonymous

88603
An Open Letter To My Sister
Emma Attard

To my sister,

I don't say it enough, and I don't think I ever possibly could, but I love you. I love you a lot, actually. I don't know how I got so lucky to have you as a sister, but I wouldn't trade you for the world. You're a strong, beautiful, smart and amazing person who is capable of doing great things for the world. You're one of the kindest, most generous people I know. You should be very proud of the person you have become. You are truly inspiring.

Thank you for being an inspiration in my life. Actually, thank you for everything you've done for me. There isn't one person I'd pick to be my sister over you (even though you don't get to choose your siblings).

Thank you for always listening to me when no one else would. Thank you for understanding things that no one else could. Thank you for letting me vent when I was upset and thank you for letting me think I was right even when you knew I wasn't. Thank you for showing me new perspectives on things I could only see one way. Thank you for being there for me and thank you especially for picking me up when I fall down. Thank you for always encouraging me to do my best and seeing the light in me that I couldn't always see. Thank you for your constant positivity, for always cheering me up and for making me laugh.

Some people aren't as lucky as us - not everyone gets to have a sister and on top of that, not every sister is like you. Sisters like you are few and far between. I know that you'll always be there for me and I can count on you. I'm incredibly lucky to have someone as loving and selfless as you. I feel incredibly blessed because not everyone can say that. In fact, there are plenty of people out there who don't have anyone at all. That's one thing I don't want you to ever have to worry about.

I'll always be here for you. No matter what the time of day is, where you are, where I am, what the problem is or if we're fighting. I want you to know that I will always be here for you. I hope you know that you can tell me anything in the confidence that I won't tell anyone and I won't judge you. I will always be here to pick you up when you fall down and wipe the tears away from your eyes. I'll be here whether it's two in the afternoon or two in the morning. I'm always willing to offer my advice, perspective, comfort, honesty and love. You can count on me.

But honestly, what kind of letter would it be without some sisterly advice? Always remember the most important thing is to be yourself. There is no one else like you and I love you just the way you are. Remember to always try your best and put your whole heart into what you do because there's no point in doing something halfway. You should know that you can accomplish anything you put you heart to. I know you can because I believe in you. Think about that. You can do anything. You are kind, beautiful, important and strong. You can make a difference in the world, and don't ever let anyone tell you otherwise. No one has the right to take your happiness and light away from you.

I know we fight sometimes; we all have our differences, but we always get over it in the end. We always have; we always will. Thank you for being not only my sister, but my best friend.

I love you to the moon and back.

xoxo,

Your sister