5 Things Elsa And Anna Taught Us About Sisterly Bonds In ​The Frozen Movies

"Having a sister means you always have back up."

532
Disney

Having a sister can be the best (but sometimes the worst) thing ever. Whether it is fighting over stealing each other's clothes to who gets to use the bathroom first, sisters can always find something to argue about.

However, having a sister also means having a best friend to confide in, get advice from, and count on, no matter how badly you mess up. They will always have your back, as Elsa and Anna evidently show in "Frozen 2."

Here are 5 reasons Elsa and Anna's relationship will make you wish you had a sister.

1. Sisters before Misters

Without giving any spoilers, I'd just like to say that Anna and Elsa are truly the definition of independent and powerful women.

Elsa does not seem to feel the need to have a guy in her life (at least not at the moment), and Anna always puts her sister before anyone else, especially her boyfriend.

The two of them prioritize each other and clearly value the power of a sisterly bond.

2. Sacrifice shows true love

When Elsa constantly puts everyone else's safety before her own, Anna refuses to leave her side regardless of her lack of powers.

Even though Elsa is capable of taking care of herself, Anna is still protective of her sister and cannot bear the thought of losing her.

However, Elsa sacrifices herself multiple times throughout the movie in order to protect her town as well as her own sister, of course.

But let's not forget the truly iconic moment where Anna is about to turn into ice but still puts her life literally before her sister's.

3. Sisters look out for each other

Even though Elsa shut out Anna for most of their lives, when Anna introduces prince Hans as her fiancé to Elsa, she immediately gets protective of her and does not give them her blessing because she would never allow her sister to marry someone she just met.

The guidance of an older sister is something that even I have experienced and am tremendously grateful for. We wouldn't want to end up with a prince Hans of our own now, do we?

4. If you don't have anyone else, at least you have each other

Despite the fact that Anna was fortunate to meet the love of her life, Kristoff, it doesn't seem to consume her entire life.

She would still rather go on an adventure with her sister to save their home town (as true queens do), than sit at home with her boyfriend.

It's obvious Anna craves to make up the lost time she missed with her older sister, and tries to do exactly that. Even if Kristoff wasn't in her life, Anna would still be content with the love she gets from her sister.

This only further proves that when you feel like you have no one else to rely on, you still have each other.

5. Yes sisters fight, but they always make up

https://frozen.fandom.com/wiki/Elsa_and_Anna

When Elsa and Anna get into the fight that resulted in Elsa revealing her powers to everyone and running away into the forest, Anna still decides to go after her because family always comes first to her.

Even though she had been shut out by her sister (for her own safety), she wanted to get her sister back and understood the pain she must have been dealing with all alone. Childhood memories with siblings are where bonds are built and strengthen from there on out.

Elsa and Anna had a strong bond as kids but were forced to distance from each other. However, they didn't let this stop them from becoming close again and having a relationship that was stronger than ever.

The Frozen movies are one of my favorite Disney movies for a reason, the characters are fierce and fearless, the storyline is always compelling, and there are valuable lessons that can be taken away from them.

Having an older sister myself made me realize how important it is to value the bond we have and to never take advantage of the love we have as a family.