For The People In The Back: No One Needs To Date

I am an incredibly busy gal. I do not have time to date in all honesty.

122

I find the notion that "in the club", you can celebrate being single. But, yet those same people shouting and raising their hands that they're single; find the need to overanalyze and burden themselves with the thought that they need to date.

For the people in the back, NO ONE NEEDS TO DATE. I often find myself going back and forth on this topic. I tell myself that being single means I am working on myself, that it is not a big deal. Then, the insecurity of being alone and social pressure comes about.

I had a wonderful, please note the sarcasm, conversation with a male friend yesterday. We were walking across campus and he asks me this simple question "why aren't you dating?" Well, my dear that is a loaded question. I often find myself asking myself that question because I do not know the answer -- it changes depending on the day and my mood.

Most of my female friends are single, all for different reasons. But, the overwhelming majority were simply "exhausted from dating". I do agree, modern dating is overwhelming and stressful. The idea of a meaningful relationship stemming from a guy "sliding" in my DM's is unlikely. But, I shall contradict myself as my mind often does on this topic. I know people who have relationships, healthy and long-lasting that started from Tinder. It is a mixed batch.

I think the whole purpose of this article is to remind people, you don't know why someone is not dating...Maybe you shouldn't ask them. It is a very private yet public matter. We are all human beings with different thoughts and emotions. Two similar people may have two vastly different reasons.