33 Signs You've Turned Into Your Parents

They didn't just give you your DNA; they gave you all their weird habits, too.
26

You've probably spent the past 20-some years of your life swearing that you'd never be like your parents. Then, you got to college and started living on your own, and reality set in. That's when you realized that you're exactly like your parents. If you don't believe me, read on and see exactly how many of these scenarios you can relate to.

1. When friends stop by, the first words out of your mouth are, "Can I get you something to drink?"

2. You keep a bag of other plastic bags in the kitchen.

3. You ask your friends to take off their shoes when they come inside.

4. You always have a first aid kit on hand, or at least some Bandaids.

5. You have actual folders for important stuff, like taxes and bank statements. Yeah, they might be stuffed in a drawer somewhere, but you still have them.

6. You enjoy the home goods and decorating departments more than any other department.

7. You have a loyalty card to your favorite stores.

8. You bother and hassle any guy who leaves your toilet seat up.

9. Your favorite line is, "Because I said so."

10. You've clipped coupons before.

11. You text your roommates asking where they are and when they'll be home.

12. You read the news before opening any social media sites.

13. You're ready for bed by 9 p.m., even though you still have three hours of homework.

14. You have a roth IRA.

15. You don't mind watching "Wheel of Fortune."

16. You start a lot of sentences with, "Back in the good old days..."

17. You enjoy yelling at other drivers. The road rage is real.

18. You take a daily multivitamin every morning. Religiously.

19. You laugh at your own jokes.

20. You get stressed and genuinely worried when you see someone not dressed appropriately for the weather. You keep thinking about them for the rest of the day, hoping they survived without a jacket.

21. You're a pro at guilt-tripping your friends into going to the most boring places.

22. Sometimes you feel like you have the body of an 80-year-old.

23. You blame the younger generation for anything that goes wrong.

24. Your work emails are sent to your phone, and you spend more time responding to those than texting your real friends.

25. You're actually productive on the weekend.

26. You buy organic fruits and veggies, even though they cost way more than chemically infused fruits and veggies.

27. You hate crowds.

28. You don't mind picking up a National Geographic in the waiting room. In fact, you secretly enjoy it.

29. You're on a first-name basis with your pharmacist.

30. You enjoy folding clothes and doing laundry.

31. You've asked yourself the question, "how many more years until I can retire?"

32. You're a pro at making lists. Grocery lists, to-do lists, you name it.

33. Brunch is your favorite meal.

If any of these sound familiar, congratulations! You've turned into your parents.