42 Simple Self-Care Tips To Turn Your Mood Around
popular

Self Love Isn't Selfish

2834

Believe it or not, taking a few moments out of your day to take care of yourself is one of the hardest things to do. We get so wrapped up in our everyday lives, from work to school or any other things that may be begging for our attention. But self-care and mental health are just as important as our physical health, yet it is something that is ignored the most.

Think about it for a moment. If your head is full of nothing but negative thoughts, you're not going to feel great about yourself. Stress can have real impacts on your body as well, like headaches, wearing down your immune system, acne, etc. Your mental health can have real and physical impacts on your body, which is why it is vital to take care of it. Showing yourself a little love isn't necessarily selfish, and even being a little selfish sometimes is a good thing! At the end of the day, you only have one body and one life left to live. You have to take care of it.

Here are just some quick and easy self-care tips to use when you're feeling down and out!

1. Drink a glass of water when you first wake up

2. Finally do that thing that's been sitting on your to-do list forever 

3. Go through your social media and mute or unfollow people who make you feel bad about yourself

4. Unplug from the world for at least an hour 

5. Take a few minutes to just dance

6. Splurge a little

7. Take a warm bath or a long, hot shower 

8. Schedule days where you do absolutely nothing 

9. Reflect on at least 3 good things that had happened during the day 

10. Take a new route to school or work 

11. Move for at least 30 minutes a day 

12. Go for a walk or a run

13. Stretch 

14. Clean and light a candle 

15. Read a book or color a picture 

16. Write down a list of things you are grateful for 

17. Hug someone 

18. Binge watch a couple episodes of your favorite tv show 

19. Call a friend that you haven't talked to in awhile 

20. Put towels in the dryer before your shower or bath

21. Drink some hot chocolate or tea

22. Order your favorite desert

23. Write out your feelings

24. Try a new face mask or skin routine 

25. Go to bed earlier 

26. Do something that makes you laugh

27. Get up early to watch the sunrise 

28. Take a nap

29. Write a list of things you like about yourself 

30. Buy yourself some flowers

31. Cook your favorite meal 

32. Stop checking who viewed your Instagram/Snap story 

33. Don't delete posts because they don't have as many likes as you'd want

34. Stop refreshing your notifications every few seconds

35. Stop reading old text messages

36. Stop believing that loving yourself means you're being selfish

37. Create a to-do list for the week and stick to it 

38. Meditate

39. Find a new hobby 

40. Write a letter to your future self 

41. Reorganize your things 

42. Take deep breaths