6 Signs You're Ready To Settle Down

6 Signs You're Ready To Settle Down

Some people would rather stay in on a Friday night and watch movies, order food in, and just relax.

43

Everyone thinks when you're twenty whatever, it's about going out and partying all the time, random hookups, nothing really ever serious. You picture going out all weekend drinking, meeting so many new people, stay out of the dance floor all night. But sometimes these aren't really things that some want. Some people would rather stay in on a Friday night and watch movies, order food in, and just relax. Here are some signs that you're ready to settle down.

​1. Dating is exhausting and you just really aren't interested in it.

Trust me, many of you may be on tinder looking at all sorts of people. You may get messages "Damn girl" or "wanna hang" all the time. People now a days are just looking for hookups, which is why it's so shocking to meet someone who is also ready to settle down.

2. You want to co-own a dog together.

Dogs are a big responsibility, it's honestly a commitment to the dog and each other. Dogs can live for years, 15 years so owning a dog together is something that needs a serious conversation. But if you are together and don't have a dog, but want to move on to a next step with your significant other, this is a great step. It prepares for children one day because of all the responsibility that comes with owning a loving dog.

3. Comfort over Style.

When you choose to wear no makeup, sweatpants, and your hair in a messy bun without caring what you look like, that's a good sign. You've become comfortable with your significant other that looks don't matter. Trust me, when settling down with someone you'll just think "take me as i am, or watch me as I leave"

4. You aren't willing to change for anyone.

You no longer care what people think about you or what they say about you. You know what you've done and what you haven't. There's no time for petty drama or dealing with BS.

5. You're goals to continue to grow bigger.

You want that huge house, brand new car you've dreamed about since you were younger, thinking about marriage and having children, even want to build a career. All the adults things, like a real career where you make good money to support a family without having to worry, even starting a retirement plan.

6. You get excited to clean/organize.

It makes you so happy to actually clean and get things together. Everything has a spot of where it goes and if moved to a different spot it drives you crazy. Items belong where they do, and cleaning becomes an everyday thing and not a chore.

Adulting is huge, some people aren't ready for it in their twenties and some are. It really just depends on you, some want it sooner than others. Some may even need it as they grow up because they just need to feel responsible for once instead of staying at home feeling like they aren't doing anything. But, becoming an adult takes a huge responsibility, make sure you're ready for it before you try to accomplish everything all at once.