Signs Your Dog is Your Mom's Favorite Child

Parents don't play favorites...except when it comes to the dog.

182

Parents claim they don't play favorites, but when it comes to the dog, all bets are off. The dog is your mom's favorite child and everyone knows it, including the dog. Think your mom might like your dog more than you? Here's some ways you can tell...

1. Your mom has more pictures of the dog on her Facebook than she does of you

You would think after going to numerous dances throughout high school, graduating, accepting a full ride to your #1 pick university, and all your other achievements your mom might have a picture of you on her Facebook. You thought wrong. But if the dog goes potty outside, takes a nap, gets a haircut, barks at a squirrel...well her facebook has the pictures to prove it all.

2. The dog has more toys than you have clothes

Does a dog really need 500 toys? Mom says the answer is yes. Do you really need a winter coat? Mom says the answer is no.

3. Your mom dresses your dog in outfits and his wardrobe is better than yours

Dear mom, dogs have fur coats. Please stop dressing him up in human clothes.

4. Your mom plans doggy playdates with your dog and his pals

It's annoying for your mom when all your friends are over because you're loud and make a mess but for some reason the sound of eight dogs in the backyard barking and pooping all over the lawn doesn't phase her.

5. Your family celebrates your dog's birthday

Every single year. Complete with presents, cake, and singing.

6. If your mom sits down, the dog is in her lap 0.1 second later

You're too big to sit in her lap and cuddle, but no matter how big your dog gets he's never too big for mom's lap.

7. Your mom yells at you for feeding the dog from the table, yet she does it

Double standards much? It's hard to imagine your mom yelling at you and turning around and doing the exact same thing, isn't it? Not when it comes to spoiling her pup!

8. When your mom is making dinner, the dog always gets a special piece of meat

How come every time the family has steak, your dog also has his own special piece? Wow, I wonder who bought that fifth piece when there's only four people in your family?

9. Your mom asks if you want to talk to the dog everytime you FaceTime her and fills you in on everything he did during the day

"First he woke up and followed me downstairs. He sat by my feet while I made my coffee and then we sat on the couch to watch the news and after the news we had breakfast. I put some scrambled eggs in his bowl because those are his favorite. After breakfast...." Yeah mom my day was fine thanks for asking.

10. She can't go to the store without coming home with a bag of treats or a new toy for the dog but screw the box of Cheese It's you asked for

Cheese-it's are unhealthy and if you want them so bad you can spend your own money on them. Somehow the fact dog treats are healthy doesn't apply in this scenario because she's coming home with three boxes of new treats for your puppy. Don't even try suggesting she only buy two boxes of dog treats and one box of Cheese-It's, cause that'll never happen.

11. Her phone background is a selfie with the dog

She took 500 selfies with him to get the perfect one, so of course it'll be her wallpaper to show off to anyone who looks at her phone.

12. His stroller is nicer than your car -- yes, she bought the dog a stroller

When the dog is only five pounds his legs get tired fast, but he can't stay home while everyone else is outside, so Mom bought him the latest and greatest dog stroller.

13. Your dog has a favorite TV channel and you can't leave the house unless it's on so he doesn't get lonely

If you leave your bedroom lights on it's a crime because the electricity bill is going to skyrocket...but if you don't leave a TV on for your dog it's pretty much the end of the world because what if he gets lonely while you're gone?

14. If your mom goes on vacation and leaves the dog, she calls three times a day to check up on him. If she goes on vacation and leaves you, you won't hear from her until she's back.

It's fine Mom, the house burned down and I'm in the ER but it's fine you'll find out about it when you get home. Don't worry though, the dog slept all day and barked at the mailman and I know you want every detail of those events.

15. Her Instagram is just pictures of the dog

"If you took a picture of you dog and didn't instagram it, did you even take a picture of your dog?" -- Mom

16. Your dog has a middle name

Giving a dog a middle name makes him more human. Your mom gave you a middle name and the dog gets everything you have so he gets a middle name too.

17. Is it even family Christmas picture if the dog isn't in it?

Your dog was in your senior pictures, as per Mom's request. Don't even think about making a Christmas card without your dog's picture on it because Mom will never approve it.

18. Your mom has told you if you got kidnapped, they'd bring you back, but if the dog got lost she'd offer a reward for his safe return

If you went missing your mom would enjoy some peace and quiet. If your dog went missing your mom would be tearing up the neighborhood until her pup was back in her arms.

19. She has a special voice she talks to the dog in

She uses her yelling voice with you and her baby voice with the dog. Clearly she likes the dog a little more because even if he does something wrong he'll never know because her voice is too nice when she talks to him.

20. At Christmas time, the dog's stocking is always fuller than yours

There's just so many dog toys, treats, and accessories out there so Mom has to buy them all for your furry friend. Your stocking has two pieces of old Easter candy and a $5 bill. Ever wish you had been born a dog?