10 Signs You've Left Your Teenage Years Behind

The hardest part about growing up is letting go of what you were used to, and moving on with something you're not.

197
Sam Headland

Have you ever experienced any of these moments? If so, you may not be a teenager anymore.

1. You call the doctor to schedule your own appointment.

You're at the age in life where your parents/guardians do not schedule your doctor's appointments anymore. This is the first sign of getting older. Even though you may hate calling the doctor, even if you're near death, you're responsible for your own appointments now.

2. You pay your own bills.

There is nothing worse than finally getting paid, and then spending your entire paycheck on bills. This is a milestone for any teenager becoming an adult.

3. You cannot wait to go to sleep.

The amount of sleep you need is unattainable. Even if you just woke up, you're thinking about your next nap.

4. You feel weird on your days off.

You look forward to those days off from work and school, but when you finally get to your relaxing days off, you feel uncomfortable.

5. Your whole family is your best friends.

You spend more time with them because you realize they are the people that matter most to you. You can't wait to see them every day and watch countless Netflix episodes of The Ranch.

6. Your friendship circle is smaller.

The high school best friends that you thought you would have for forever aren't as close to you as they used to be. This can be because of countless reasons, but mostly because you are both growing up. You don't have time to hang out every day, and that's okay. But, don't forget to text them a "Hey! How're you doing?" every once in a while to let them know you're there for them.

7. You get excited over little things.

Have you ever gotten an oil change and you suddenly become unexplainably happy? If so, you're probably growing up.

8. You ask for money for your birthday.

Forget the clothes and concert tickets, on your last birthday you asked for money. There is nothing a young adult is lacking more of than money.

9. You dread going out on the weekends.

No matter how much you love eating Mexican food with your girls, you dread getting dressed and going out in public.

10. Online shopping has become your new hobby.

Why go out in public when you can order everything online? From clothes to makeup, you choose online shopping over in-store any day.